World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to get a good torch and also a good headlamp for xmas. Budget is around £70 each. Ideally I want decent flood and throw - does anybody have any suggestions as to whats the best option for me?

Thanks.

Allan

·
Premium Member
39,498 Posts
Hi all,

Looking to get a good torch and also a good headlamp for xmas. Budget is around £70 each. Ideally I want decent flood and throw - does anybody have any suggestions as to whats the best option for me?

Thanks.

Allan
This is a technical forum, you will get a better response in tackle and equipment, I am 100% certain if posted there conc and a few others would be only to pleased to help. :thumbs:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, will do!

Just posted here as it could be for non fishy stuff too :happy:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are recent torches not great technology? Is this not a technology forum?

·
13,170 Posts
What's important is where the OP is likely to get the answers he requires. And it is more likely to be in Tackle (whatever this one is called).

G

·
for £70 and some change id go for a fenix its not my choice of lamp but it has had good reviews and very bright and its under your estimate , look online for bargains my mate picked one up for £45 new or as previously stated led lenser h14 £58 ,

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
For the Torch, a Fenix PD30, small but powerful with enough light for any Beach work. For the headtorch, a Zebralight, small and very comfortable, the shape may put you off but they work so well, the 750 lumen one is stunning. All from the Fenixtorch site.

lighty

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all. Ill take a look at the H14 for the head torch. Need to investigate the torch side a bit further though as theres so many of them these days!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I've got one of the Cree 1200lm headtorches off Ebay. Im certain its not that bright but it is bright enough to light up a good 50 yards of beach in front of me, and on the dimmer setting is ore than bright enough for all the stuff u need to do on the beach. Think it was 23 quid posted. Ive heard others have had problems, but mine is fine after 6 months of hard abuse, comes with 2 rechargeable batteries which last about 6-7 hours on the brightest setting, a bit more on the dimmer one. With the h14 that's 3 quid over your budget and enough light for the longer winter nights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts