World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi Smiley, I am out of Brightlingsea this Saturday, Its a tiny tide, my opinion is inshore will be a waste of a perfect weather day, I shall be in the barrows or middles looking for bigger fish than inshore, If you want to try for a bass, get out a bit, Lug or Rag a must, a few bass around but not many mate

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
290D26A9-0AD4-4AEC-8ED3-5D65928BE038.png
Hi Smiley, I am out of Brightlingsea this Saturday, Its a tiny tide, my opinion is inshore will be a waste of a perfect weather day, I shall be in the barrows or middles looking for bigger fish than inshore, If you want to try for a bass, get out a bit, Lug or Rag a must, a few bass around but not many mate
Don’t get many of these

·
Registered
574 Posts
Good few bass around bill pithman, if you know where to look, and I do, along with others that have put many hours into finding them over the years

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies much appreciated , Its a strange thing where boat anglers keep all these secrets the sea is a massive place covering two thirds of the planet you would think people would share info , never mind if i find a hot spot i will happily pass it on, anyway are the Herring in yet ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im planning on Sunday hope you have tight lines

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for your replies much appreciated , Its a strange thing where boat anglers keep all these secrets the sea is a massive place covering two thirds of the planet you would think people would share info , never mind if i find a hot spot i will happily pass it on, anyway are the Herring in yet ?
Good luck mate hope you find a good one or two
John

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
I’ve asked the same questions before, and had little response. People are scared (rightly) that the spots they find will be raped quick fast in a hurry.
Have a look on Der Dogs website, it is the remnants of the Roker Ron site, it is a lot more localised, with some very knowledgable people and me.
I’m heading out somewhere Saturday, not sure yet will see where I end up, it is a lottery without inside knowledge of what’s been caught where, by the time we hear it the fish have been and gone.
Jon

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the forecast was correct it was a lovely day on the water.
The day started well launched ok despite loads of enormous row boats taking up all the space on the pontoon,I opened the boat up but something wrong hardly any power just got up to nine mph and stayed there so a slow trip to Jaywick.All the usual baits but just lots of very sizeable whiting 3 dog fish and 1 eight pound ray but worth the effort
Any experts out there on old Yamaha 2 strokes or shall i buy a winning lottery ticket and get a nice new 4 stroke ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts