World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goodbye Dear friend - Black Tuesday

A flick of the rod was all it took!
Casting outwhilst balancing between two rocks, my beloved Sayori Feed Shallow plus sailed out
never to be seen again, I saw the braid just catch the edge of the top eye shaft, at the same time
felt a small tug, the braid parted.
Even the 13th blank in a row pailed into insignificance.

I had started full of optimism considering the sun was shining brightly, there was fizz, chop and bounce to the water, as I started to fish.

IMGP4580.JPG

IMGP4581.JPG

But it was not long before I lost my dear friend,

So fter no sign of life, even the rock pools were dead, I climbed back up and move to another mark.
IMGP4582.JPG

Trying Hard divers and surface lures then an hour plus of softs, even the wrasse were absent,
not a sniff.

I must be the only lure angler yet to open there account this year.

To beat last years bad abysmal season, I only need to catch 3 bass, or beat 59cm PB to avoid selling up all my
lure gear and forget Bass Forever!

These could be part of lures up for grabs

IMGP4585.JPG

Or perhaps I'll take up RIVER FISHING!

HELP!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts

Casting outwhilst balancing between two rocks, my beloved Sayori Feed Shallow plus sailed out
never to be seen again, I saw the braid just catch the edge of the top eye shaft, at the same time

I had started full of optimism considering the sun was shining brightly, there was fizz, chop and bounce to the water, as I started to fish.

View attachment 1123413

View attachment 1123415

So fter no sign of life, even the rock pools were dead, I climbed back up and move to another mark.
View attachment 1123417

Trying Hard divers and surface lures then an hour plus of softs, even the wrasse were absent,
not a sniff.

To beat last years bad abysmal season, I only need to catch 3 bass, or beat 59cm PB to avoid selling up all my

View attachment 1123419

HELP!
Nice piccy's bud:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,952 Posts

View attachment 1123413

View attachment 1123415

View attachment 1123417

not a sniff.

View attachment 1123419

HELP!
I know what it’s like I went out last night , great evening, loads of fish chasing bait , but sadly it was hundreds of garfish chasing the bait no mackerel no bass , but I did catch a big gar on a diving plug I thought it was a bass

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
surely there's got to be someone on here,who can help this poor chap out...in that area...c'mon guys!!!:stirpot:..:confused2:
Even I'm having a poor year with 34 Bass,but to not get even one...O.M.G!!!:roflpuke::roflpuke:sickening!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
How do you not catch bass in Cornwall??? ...even I'm on 33 this year with very limited outings

perhaps the 'full of optimism when sun was shining brightly' was your first wrong step...

happy to swap you some river fishing lures ;)

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
13 blanks on the trot and you loved one of them?

Sod that, I would be taking the useless little slackers out to the back garden with the lighter fluid and a box of vestas and do a job on one of them "pour encourager les autres"

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Ken ,
Nah... don't give up... we need the Manitoo catch reports and pics of old!:thumbsup::)

I suggest.. this time of year....
Try sandy coves ... down to LW... dusk into darkness... early mid late evening
Explore tidal creeks up and over HW from various easy access points... during daytime! Dull days better!
Rocks.... where are the rips/currents... and 'the flushing'? ..... i.e. the food gathering eddies' & margins...target em!
Fish em on the ebb.. usually easier to follow the ground down. Watch yer step tho' ... wet rocks .. Spiked boots a must ....imho

You will catch!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you not catch bass in Cornwall??? ...even I'm on 33 this year with very limited outings

perhaps the 'full of optimism when sun was shining brightly' was your first wrong step...

happy to swap you some river fishing lures ;)

Found it easy, I only fish the open coast and the SE of Cornwall,
Have caught bass there before in bright sunshine, this and last year
though has been tragic.
The optimism was the water conditions and movement.
Won't be taking up river fishing until they stop the rod license
and the need to join a club to be able to fish anywhere.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
13 blanks on the trot and you loved one of them?

Sod that, I would be taking the useless little slackers out to the back garden with the lighter fluid and a box of vestas and do a job on one of them "pour encourager les autres"
That lure has hooked a large bass which escaped, it replaced it's predicessor which was lost
aftrer hooking a good fish.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ken ,
Nah... don't give up... we need the Manitoo catch reports and pics of old!:thumbsup::)

I suggest.. this time of year....
Try sandy coves ... down to LW... dusk into darkness... early mid late evening
Explore tidal creeks up and over HW from various easy access points... during daytime! Dull days better!
Rocks.... where are the rips/currents... and 'the flushing'? ..... i.e. the food gathering eddies' & margins...target em!
Fish em on the ebb.. usually easier to follow the ground down. Watch yer step tho' ... wet rocks .. Spiked boots a must ....imho

You will catch!:thumbsup:
Hi Chris,
The only one I have not tried is tidal creeks, estuaries, may well have to resort to fishing
Plymouth Sound and the mighty Tamar.
Have been told by locals areas fishing well, by kayak or boat, but not shore, fish seem to
be too far out.
North Coast and further west probably better, but would be good to catch locally.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That's tough Ken , knocks the confidence but you know how to catch bass ...caught plenty here in Dorset with me before you absconded . I reckon you have just been very unlucky down there , perhaps a little leg up from a local in the know is what you could do with ...you would do the rest I know . Don't give up , not your style and remember that big one you lost as motivation . If my planned relocation all goes through , I could well be in the same boat as you starting from scratch in a new area :eeks:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I must admit, I've always struggled in Cornwall as it's only holiday trips so I don't know the area, and it's usually daytime.
If I'm struggling at anything, I go back to basics rather than over thinking it.
With bass lure fishing, that means going to lures that will take small bass, just to get the confidence up, and start enjoying things again. I'd be going for the small patchinko or small fbm and fishing dawn or dusk.
Whatever you do, make sure you're enjoying it as that is the whole point.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I know a few anglers that I really don't like, I wouldn't even wish the loss of a cherished lure on them.
You have my deepest sympathies.
It took me 6 months to get over mine..

Reactions: manictoo

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's tough Ken , knocks the confidence but you know how to catch bass ...caught plenty here in Dorset with me before you absconded . I reckon you have just been very unlucky down there , perhaps a little leg up from a local in the know is what you could do with ...you would do the rest I know . Don't give up , not your style and remember that big one you lost as motivation . If my planned relocation all goes through , I could well be in the same boat as you starting from scratch in a new area :eeks:
You are right Rod, but never been lucky, will never forget your PB, I moved away from a spot, you moved in and so did that lump of a bass.
I'm still planning to get back and beat you on your own ground before you too escape from Dorset.
I know you will catch where ever you go.

Reactions: Rod.44

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I must admit, I've always struggled in Cornwall as it's only holiday trips so I don't know the area, and it's usually daytime.
If I'm struggling at anything, I go back to basics rather than over thinking it.
With bass lure fishing, that means going to lures that will take small bass, just to get the confidence up, and start enjoying things again. I'd be going for the small patchinko or small fbm and fishing dawn or dusk.
Whatever you do, make sure you're enjoying it as that is the whole point.
Have tried all sizes of lure, fished dawn and dusk, fish the open coast because that's where I enjoy it most, away from the crowds.
Even one of my sons caught a bass on a fbm and he is clueless at fishing.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Have tried all sizes of lure, fished dawn and dusk, fish the open coast because that's where I enjoy it most, away from the crowds.
Even one of my sons caught a bass on a fbm and he is clueless at fishing.
You must have done something really bad in a previous life!
I bet once you get another they'll keep coming. Like buses.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts