World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and ladies if there are any) wanted to say a big thank you for all your tips, help and advice over the last week. We finally set of today on our much anticipated trip to the goodwin sands aboard Excel 2 with Dave Hancock and had a fantastic day. 11 anglers, 12 skate to just over 10lb and some doggies but not too many as to spoil things. We fished 2 productive marks with the best being just off deal (a castle but i cant remember which one, not deal castle). Dave is a fantastic skipper, Tea and advice in equal quantities (loads), a good laugh and a great help. He really worked hard today to make sure that everybody was making the most of the trip, changing hooks and lines when they were past thier best, unhooking and netting fish and doing everything we could ask. My only critisism is that there are not enough weekends in the year, he is very very booked up, the sign of a good skipper i guess. We will def be back once we have worked out when we and he are free. Happy to recomend to anybody. Once again, thank you to Dave and thank you to the kind ones amongs you who answered my previous thread for advice.

G

·
Glad to hear you had a good day. As you say all the best skippers are booked up now for all the weekends, time to change your job maybe to one where you work weekends and have the weekdays off!
I have never met Dave but only ever hear good things about him, hopefully will get out with him myself sometime.

·
Registered
606 Posts
hope you had a good day bikerbloke,can i ask boat owners pm me if you like how much would it cost to go out on a boat say from the south east area at this time of year. im not about to commit to a trip,some thing i would like to try in the future,would like to see how much id have to roughly pay,and wether id be using my own general beach casters,or have to use better rods and gear,thanks.

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
Foot fish-
I am not a boat owner, but I get out pretty often on a mix of boats, so may be able to help. Costs all depend on how many of you on the trip. Most boats in my area are about £260-£300 for 8 hour trip, most can fish 10 people with a bit of a squeeze, but best limit to 6, so just divide by amount of you fishing.
South coast trips tend to be a bit dearer for some reason, £350-£400 seems the norm, but often bigger boats, so you can fish more , 11 or 12 can be done.This can get messy though.
Individual spaces seem to be a bit more money, £50 s usually, I guess the skippers have to do this to cover their costs and the frequent no shows.

Either way you are getting good value, if you do the maths on the trip for the skippers considering the running costs fuel etc and that they are forever getting blown off then you can see that they are not getting rich, most just like doing the job.

As for kit , any decent skipper will hire you a rod, for a few quid, dont buy one until youve been out a couple of times, so you know what you need. There is a lot of shiny kit on the market you really dont need to waste your money on.
JonC

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
we run individual bookings through my shop with dave (excel 2). £40 each and dave can supply rod and reel if you ask him nicely.

we do one saturday and one sunday a month. let me know if your interested, and i'll let you know a date and book you in, we do now ask for the trip to be paid in full at least a week before (due to no shows).

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Hi guys (and ladies if there are any) wanted to say a big thank you for all your tips, help and advice over the last week. We finally set of today on our much anticipated trip to the goodwin sands aboard Excel 2 with Dave Hancock and had a fantastic day. 11 anglers, 12 skate to just over 10lb and some doggies but not too many as to spoil things. We fished 2 productive marks with the best being just off deal (a castle but i cant remember which one, not deal castle). Dave is a fantastic skipper, Tea and advice in equal quantities (loads), a good laugh and a great help. He really worked hard today to make sure that everybody was making the most of the trip, changing hooks and lines when they were past thier best, unhooking and netting fish and doing everything we could ask. My only critisism is that there are not enough weekends in the year, he is very very booked up, the sign of a good skipper i guess. We will def be back once we have worked out when we and he are free. Happy to recomend to anybody. Once again, thank you to Dave and thank you to the kind ones amongs you who answered my previous thread for advice.

Aw shucks, Thanks :kissing:

www.kentcharterfishing.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, praise where it is due dave. as there are 11 of us booking can be a bit of a nightmare. Very interested in the idea of individual trips though, sod the others, i can go at the drop of a hat lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts