World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...Got a few days off work next week so having a long w/end away from sunny S.Wales and coming down to your neck of the woods for spot of fishing at Gorran Haven, been here before and had great sport with the Gar and Wrasse, so hows it looking at the mo?....thanks guys

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seen before the harbour gets busy, but i go up along to the rocks to the right, bit of a trek but well worth it, been here twice before and have had some of my best fishing here

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
Macky,pollack,wrasse and garfish are about,fishings been a bit patchy but you should still have some sport! Dusk and dawn will be the most productive times, the harbour has been a nightmare cos of various reasons! LOL If the rockmark is busy,bare in mind you can carry on walking round the other side which means there will allways be somewhere to fish. Hopefully see you about down there.:thumbs::fishing1:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well that's my holiday over for another year. Gorran was as good as ever (great place for a family holiday) shame the weather couldn't have been better! As for the fishing well most of the tides were either in the middle of the day (too many sunbathers, tombstoners and general holiday mayhem) or in the middle of the night (asleep). But a few sessions produced some Mackeral to feathers, Pollock and Wrasse (to worm). Nothing was keen to take a bait off the bottom and the visits of a seal (I saw him twice) even seemed to keep the dogfish away! Had one cracking session where I pulled in a 20+ Wrasse in about 2 hours from a 'hotspot' near the harbour - biggest were going on 3lb. I guess I probably had about 40 fish in total for the weeks fishing so can't moan too much! Met Cfish from the SW Forum - a good bloke with loads of top advice to offer and well worth getting in touch with if you're headed that way. Until next year!!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Sounds like you had a lot of fun m8.Well done.See you next year.:fish:

·
Registered
24,897 Posts
Glad you had some sport and was nice to meet you blenny henry,had a couple of nice ones out the hotspot today.Hope to see you again and try and get you on a bass or two.:punk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts