World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now I have your attention !,,

i was fishing off walton pier today and caught a crab. Nothing unusual in that as the blighters seem quite popular however, this one was different well atleast to me and a few other fisherpeople ( thats my pc bit) it was. It had a leathery feel shell,of lightish green colour but the wierdest bit was its back legs that can only be described as web like and behaved like that of a frogs. any ideas as to what this little critter is ?????? also caught a number of small codling on worm,a few hermit crabs and a three legged crab -im sure wev'e all caught that one 'god it gets about...

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Leggy, it sounds to me that you caught a Velvet Swimming Crab (or French Soldier Crab) they are aggresive little buggers, that tend to attack you when you turn over a stone rather than run away!
Excellent bait for Bass when they are soft & fished under a float, they swim like live-bait!
blueskip

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for all your replies and yes it is an ugly sod and by gum did it live up to its name by trying to nip me and my mate when i sat it in his pocket, oh well you need your laughs when its damn cold and windy . till the next time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts