World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, have just this morning picked up my new rod (got it off fleebay) Greys Triplex 14' 5oz.
Its never been used as far as i can see, paid £125.00 for it .

what type of casting can it handle over what sort of ground, and most importantly was it a good price??????

looking forward to your replies, it will be it action on Hayling this evening.

TF:fishing1:

G

·
I use the 16ft version with a 7ht mag down the bottom,it does throw baits a long way with minimal effort,the key to these rods is to slow your cast down,the price is quite good as well.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers dudes

Down west beach tonight and give it a thump, yeehaa:clap2::clap2:

G

·
Mate, say a prayer of thanks to your deity of choice! Bought new, RRP is about twice what you paid! Superb, long casting, clean ground rod.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Superb buy, quite a bargain :thumbs:
But as peter says.....take it slow, it's a long rod, so give it time to bend :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Fishing dudes

In the end went to Hayling , but firstly Rod report, WOW, it bangs it out miles, yes you do have to be real slow then thump. did have two birds when trying to hard, but as the evening went on the distance got bigger , and was doing 150yrds with ease, cant wait til i get it together and 200 will be a possibility.

Fishing report, a smut a chuck nearly afetr it got dark, biggest 6 1/2 lb total 8.

Lots of bream out there two with a nice fish of 1 1/4 lb.

May go out again sunday night

Triplex yeehaa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts