World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived about 10 am at the gamble steps two of us set up there and two went across the bay to the slip at battery park They had size Pollock and coleys nothing bigger than 1 1/2 lb.

Right away we were into fish small wrasse about 1/2lb and less,
so we upped the hooks to 1/0 and bigger baits.
we had 3 good fish on that you could not stop they dived straight into the rocks and kelp and the line parted , next we loaded about 20m of
20lb line on top of our existing line to give a chance to pull back. resulting in a few fish coming ashore.

after that the tide started to rise and the mackerel bashers arrived about 30 of them to both sides of us, the seal then made an appearance moving to left then the right of us depending who was reeling in
the wrasse went of the feed then.
we then started to use jig heads with raggies a few small pollack then this wee cod.

then a wee surprise for me an tadpole fish my first in 20 years (I got a second last cast)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
thats a nice wrasse. good see fish like that showing from that mark

·
Registered
667 Posts
gamble always throws up the taddies , nice pics not bad wee session :thumbs:pity bout the seal they always seem to be about that mark.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done on the wrasse kenny, looks a cracker :clap:

good pic off the tadpole fish too, ive personally never even seen one, looks a strange looking wee fish ehh.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
welldone kenny,i thought i knew were gamble step were but from they pics i dont im thinking of somewere else

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Nice one Kenny. I used to love to fish there but the summer neds drive you crazy.
Once they put the barrier across that was the end of it for me, no access.

Great pics and a good wrasse.

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one Kenny. I used to love to fish there but the summer neds drive you crazy.
Once they put the barrier across that was the end of it for me, no access.

Great pics and a good wrasse.
The barrier does your head in and the smell of pish.

·
Registered
461 Posts
thats a nice fish mate.never seen one before.well done on the catch:clap::fishing:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some good pic's there

I used to fish there all the time with my old-man.

Just getting the kids involved in fishing so maybe take a trip down.

And the neds do my head it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts