World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

New to the forum and haven't sea fished for over 16 years (back in my neck of the woods Devon), I just about remember how to tie a decent knot and not a lot else....I've heard that the mackerel are about at the moment, so was going to head to Gourock to lob in a line this Saturday.

Can you pass on your knowledge and wisdom on where exactly to go and what the best tactics are best? Due to having loads on I will probably be down there at the worst time between 11am-4pm, so didn't know if tactics would need to be different or if I am wasting my time.

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello

go to the Cal Mac ferry Terminal. fish from the Gamble Stairs just before the old pier at the breaker wall. Or try from the stairs at the Car park next to the outdoor pool. If you cant get to fish around there go to the Waterfront at Greenock Custom House.

Use feathers or spinners for the Makkies. Rag worm and other smelly baits for the bottom feeders.

Tight lines.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
gourock pier is great for the makie ur not sposed to fish there but alot of ppl do and as long as ur not causing any trouble the polis dont hastle u :p but like marty says fishing the greenock waterfront is probly a better option all together m8 :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your help...any other tips or places near by that I should know, please let me know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts