World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be staying at Rhossili at the beginning of March. I'd be grateful for any advice on what tackle to bring, where to fish and what I might expect to catch. Any info will be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
llangennith/rhosilli beach , i would expect flounders to be making a return to the beaches especially there and schoolies will be about to make up the fun. running ledger or two hook flapper and harbour rag ,razor on a bass rod or your beachcasters will suffice

·
Registered
409 Posts
Mostly light tackle with maddys a killer bait for flats bass mullet. From low water up on small mid tides in the dark much better for bass.if u wana try the island at Burry homes crab bait in gullies go in daylight bit dodgy in dark

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
All very good information . The whole area is very popular with local anglers and most post their catch reports on here so you can use them as a good guide plus check the sticky thread about conditions very good upto date info on there. If the weather stays mild I would like to think the bass will be around early looking for crabs and fry so some of the rock marks will be worth a try with lures and peeler crab. DON'T attempt these:) rocks marks especially Worm's Head without some local help ,there are quite a few guys on here who could show you around if you give them some notice when you're thinking of going . Hope this all helps.

Reactions: thabassmaster

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice, sounds like I'll be packing the bass rod and leaving the beachcaster at home!

·
Registered
926 Posts
As said above, scratching rigs and baits such as worm and razor. You may even be lucky with a spring gower plaice at distance .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I had to fish around family activities and only managed an afternoon on the beach at Port Eynon on Saturday. I was advised to move along to Horton which I did. There were three other rods fishing there, but I did not see any fish brought to the beach. I must mention the two guys in Basstastic who sold me the bait, they were very helpful and I wish my local tackle shop had as good range of kit as well laid out to view. Back home now and hoping for a run of spring cod on the east coast - I'm fed up with pin whiting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts