World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi gents
Me an Fulf hit the surf again last night, though I use the term loosely as any surfer would be pushe to ride waves this small.
Tide.- high 12.20 am 10.5 meters
Wind.- Light north west
Air Pressure.- 1029 mb
Surf height.- 1 ft Breakers -4, Stretch-80 meters.
General conditions.- sunny spells light cloud. 1/2 moon.
Fished 20.15 pm to 1.0 am

One Up one down rigs 2/0 hooks long snoods were anchored down by 3 oz leads, I would love to use plain leads but experiance has taught me that the all to frequently they tangle with your other line or worst the guy next door. Two bass rod was all that was needed in the light surf, complimented with two 65 size multipliers. Fishing was slow starting off, nothing new here as the last of the light filtered away. First and second fish, fell to Fulf both around 3/4 lb coming in just before ten oclock, my first again about 3/4 hitting the shore just after eleven. The fishing for the next hour and half was pretty much non stop with lots of fish in the 1/2 to 3/4 lb Fulf managing two double headers. I had my first really decent bite just after eleven and was rewarded with a 1 1/2lb fis which fought way above his station. A small flounder came in at 11.30 probably barely 3/4 but quite plump. At five to twelve my rod heaved over luckly I was standing right next to it and struck as it was still arching down. A great fight was rewarded with the best fish of the night I'm guestimating 4 lb as he went back with rest. Fulf kept one around a pound that was badly hooked but hopefully all the rest are happily contemplating repopulating their relative species in the Autumn .
Final tally Fulf 12 bass to 1lb and I might have missed a few as it was pretty frantic at times, myself 8 bass to 4 lb and a flounder 3/4 lb. Our friends further up the beach had simillar catches but not in the same numbers but did manage a gurnard the first I've heard of on this beach and a small hound.
Onwards Gents to the next session SJ.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hi gents
Me an Fulf hit the surf again last night, though I use the term loosely as any surfer would be pushe to ride waves this small.
Tide.- high 12.20 am 10.5 meters
Wind.- Light north west
Air Pressure.- 1029 mb
Surf height.- 1 ft Breakers -4, Stretch-80 meters.
General conditions.- sunny spells light cloud. 1/2 moon.
Fished 20.15 pm to 1.0 am

One Up one down rigs 2/0 hooks long snoods were anchored down by 3 oz leads, I would love to use plain leads but experiance has taught me that the all to frequently they tangle with your other line or worst the guy next door. Two bass rod was all that was needed in the light surf, complimented with two 65 size multipliers. Fishing was slow starting off, nothing new here as the last of the light filtered away. First and second fish, fell to Fulf both around 3/4 lb coming in just before ten oclock, my first again about 3/4 hitting the shore just after eleven. The fishing for the next hour and half was pretty much non stop with lots of fish in the 1/2 to 3/4 lb Fulf managing two double headers. I had my first really decent bite just after eleven and was rewarded with a 1 1/2lb fis which fought way above his station. A small flounder came in at 11.30 probably barely 3/4 but quite plump. At five to twelve my rod heaved over luckly I was standing right next to it and struck as it was still arching down. A great fight was rewarded with the best fish of the night I'm guestimating 4 lb as he went back with rest. Fulf kept one around a pound that was badly hooked but hopefully all the rest are happily contemplating repopulating their relative species in the Autumn .
Final tally Fulf 12 bass to 1lb and I might have missed a few as it was pretty frantic at times, myself 8 bass to 4 lb and a flounder 3/4 lb. Our friends further up the beach had simillar catches but not in the same numbers but did manage a gurnard the first I've heard of on this beach and a small hound.
Onwards Gents to the next session SJ.
Im out now with mate! On a gower rock face dangling into a gully with me crab and him big fishbait/sandeel wrap! Trying for a bass each for eating! There a big half moon up there and a warm breeze! Stunning night to be out!

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great report boys and some good fish
Cheers it was a bit of a slow burner but the last few hours really took off. my friend Barry who normally smashes the fish had by his standards a very quite night.

·
Premium Member
10,598 Posts
Mate had a tidy fish of around 3.5lb on his wrap! Returned to fight another day but he took a 2.5lb to eat!
I didnt have a sniff on the crab
Any pictures. I like a nice bass picture.
Fishing a bit lately GS but no reports ??

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
66,700 Posts
Superb report as always 👍🏻

Reactions: swansea Jack
1 - 12 of 12 Posts