World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had a trip all planned out, knew exactly where I was going and what methods had planned.

And now this stinking weather has put paid to those plans.

So, anyone got any suggestions of where to fish around Gower today in these conditions? Was hoping for a rock mark but for example I know places like the ledges aren't great after rain what with all the colour running down from the mud in the cliffs.

Today is the only day I can go before being landlocked again so any suggestions would be extremely welcome. And preferably somewhere can spin/lure fish and floatfish dead sandeel.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, had a few hours down Pennard today. Wouldn't have gone in these conditions given the choice but today was the only day I could go.

Gave the Rapala a miss, despite the helpful advice above!

Float fished, and also tried spinning with a Dexter Wedge. Sea was so rough and quite a swell for the south side of Gower. The wedge came in with weed on it pretty much every cast, and nothing at all on the float.

So all in all, a very wet blank, which is kind of what I was expecting really. Didn't get the blue sky, and calm sea I'd been hoping for but there you go.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Well, had a few hours down Pennard today. Wouldn't have gone in these conditions given the choice but today was the only day I could go.

Gave the Rapala a miss, despite the helpful advice above!

Float fished, and also tried spinning with a Dexter Wedge. Sea was so rough and quite a swell for the south side of Gower. The wedge came in with weed on it pretty much every cast, and nothing at all on the float.

So all in all, a very wet blank, which is kind of what I was expecting really. Didn't get the blue sky, and calm sea I'd been hoping for but there you go.
no problem about the advice, shame you didnt catch. :giveup:. hope that the fine spell we got tomorrow will settle the weed situation for me to go and drown some worms in the evening, as said above, better than being stuck in the house.

gazza

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers both of you.

Yeah, better than being in the house. Saying that, there were a few moments when it was really chucking it down.

Only here for the weekend, can't go tomorrow so was just unlucky with the conditions. The swell made it difficult to get close enough to the water without having to retrieve over rocks and lose tackle. And yeah, weed was a major problem, not to mention the odd plank floating around too!

Plus was a bit of a return to fishing after a break of probably more than ten years due to being landlocked. May visit the parents again and get another go in down here before the end of the summer, we'll see.

Good luck to you both when you get the chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts