World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Gower yesterday tide times weren’t the best for my normal slip (Port-Talbot) so launched from the Knab at about midday, The plan was get some mackerel then stop off at Oxwich point for an hour or 2 on the way to the worm but couldn’t get any mackerel think because slack water. Still had a few pound of live sand eels so drifted the point had 3 Pollack 2 gurnard, then went to the Worm slow start only one Bass in the first few hours but from 5 to 6.30 had another 6 and a few Pollack and mackerel. So headed back to the point for slack water again fished there from 7-8.30 had a Starry 2-Bullus normal Dogs and Gurnard’s. Had a non fisher on board so thought stop off on the way back at Langland for the bream picked up 4 and a nice Starry that I released at the side of the boat as it was last cast and bad light got back in just after 10pm good day.

Bandy

Attachments

G

·
Fished the Gower yesterday tide times weren’t the best for my normal slip (Port-Talbot) so launched from the Knab at about midday, The plan was get some mackerel then stop off at Oxwich point for an hour or 2 on the way to the worm but couldn’t get any mackerel think because slack water. Still had a few pound of live sand eels so drifted the point had 3 Pollack 2 gurnard, then went to the Worm slow start only one Bass in the first few hours but from 5 to 6.30 had another 6 and a few Pollack and mackerel. So headed back to the point for slack water again fished there from 7-8.30 had a Starry 2-Bullus normal Dogs and Gurnard’s. Had a non fisher on board so thought stop off on the way back at Langland for the bream picked up 4 and a nice Starry that I released at the side of the boat as it was last cast and bad light got back in just after 10pm good day.

Bandy
great report lads some nice fish too:victory:

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
nice one bandy looks like you had a good day m8 lol

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well done good pics there:victory:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts

Bandy
I was down there about the same time & there was no space to park the trailer or the boat, in the end I went back home & sulked! Roll on the winter when the car park is empty, & all the grocks have gone home! That's the first time I have ever failed to launch, I did consider Oxwich, but the thought of driving back from Oxwich on a hot Sunday evening brought me back to earth!:nono:
blueskip

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was down there about the same time & there was no space to park the trailer or the boat, in the end I went back home & sulked! Roll on the winter when the car park is empty, & all the grocks have gone home! That's the first time I have ever failed to launch, I did consider Oxwich, but the thought of driving back from Oxwich on a hot Sunday evening brought me back to earth!:nono:
blueskip
Hello there

Launched then took about 1/2 hour to get a parking space, that’s one problem we don’t have in PortTalbot

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
blueskip
well done on the fishing and cracking pics bandy:clap:Vic,u need to have about three feet of water under youre boat before it even thinks about leaving youre trailer,so u got no chance at oxwich:thumbdownbetter still,GET UP EARLIER IN THE MORNING U LAZY SOD::thumbs:DEAN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts