World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Thinking of heading down the Gower tomorrow, any idea how the water clarity and weed are looking at the moment?

Cheers

Hywel

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thinking of heading down the Gower tomorrow, any idea how the water clarity and weed are looking at the moment?

Cheers

Hywel
I'll be popping down later tonight mate, will let you know the outcome and might save you a journey :drunk:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went down on Thursday after work and had a schoolie. Pretty little fish. Water was clearing well then, but the wind has started to come up again now :sad: and no doubt it'll be like mushroom soup again.

Off to Cornwall tomorrow though :bounce:. Staying near Harlyn, Padstow area if anyone's got any tips !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
water has been clear enough for lure fishing for a while, but has been hard work getting anything over 1.5lb on lures since a few trawlers scoured the area. any sizeable fish have come on large crab baits

·
Registered
414 Posts
water has been clear enough for lure fishing for a while, but has been hard work getting anything over 1.5lb on lures since a few trawlers scoured the area. any sizeable fish have come on large crab baits

I'm glad you've said that fella......I haven't caught a schoolie in ages, all of mine have been 4lb and up.....it'll be a nice change :thumbs:

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm glad you've said that fella......I haven't caught a schoolie in ages, all of mine have been 4lb and up.....it'll be a nice change :thumbs:

Oohhhhhhhhhh that hurt !!! :lmao:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Nice and clear down the mumbles friday could see a float fished sandeel six foot below the float about 20yds out [was on the pier]
hope this helps dai

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.