World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one help, couple of months ago, the gps reciever that connects to the midland dsc , packed up no position avaliable, sent the radio and gps to get checked out, and the receivers no good, could have got a new one from shop, but it was a bit dear, so brought one e bay, connected it up still no position

contacted the shop, and she was going on about software, settings, the other one just plugged into the back and away you go, it was a gps 200, 6 pin plug
the size of a *** packet, the same one i brought on ebay i thought

any ideals, am i doing something wrong, is it not compatable thanks

15,082 Posts
PM Chrisp with both makes and models and if you are nice to him he may help you with the NMEA wiring code.Because the one you bought has a 6 pin plug the same as your original it doesnt mean it is wired the same.In fact im not entirely sure as too what you have that has a plug the size of a *** packet? What has actually packed up the GPS receiver or the VHF? because to me if it's the GPS and you have changed the set and not the antenna and you still have the same problem it sounds like an antenna problem.

Ron

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
No need to PM, just post the details, makes and models and I will see what I can do. A post here my help others in the same boat.............or even a different boat, you know what I mean.

I blame Balvenie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts