1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANY BODY HELP ME
I have just started boat fishing in burry port on
my own boat but cant find any good marks
for me to put in my gps maybe then i will finally be able to start catching some descent sized fish,
thanks very much from a very confussed fisherman.........lol.
:confused:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi mate.
try a pm to blueskip i expect he will help you, or try looking on the net for a welsh wreck diving site they sometimes put the waypoints for the wrecks.
hope this helps..clive

·
Registered
1 Posts
CAN ANY BODY HELP ME
for me to put in my gps maybe then i will finally be able to start catching some descent sized fish,
Hi Paul, i have a boat in Burry port.my boat is Gemini Dream,do you have local charts for your plotter. I should be down the marina this weekend look me up on c37 if i can help you i will,by the way i'm a novice,maybe we can help each other.i have paper charts and plotter chart for our area.Kevin:boat:

·
Premium Member
36,348 Posts
You really need to butt up to someone who is experienced with those local waters and learn the area and all of it's danger spots. It is certainly not an area to be messed with. Vic has a lot of local knowledge and he will tell you the same.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
CAN ANY BODY HELP ME
The area of the Foul Grounds & Hall Rock are good general grounds for drifting over with jigs, baited feathers etc, for flatty drifting try between DZs5 & 6. I cant give any details of spots inside the bar because I haven't fished it for a couple of years & the place changes with every spring tide & storm, but I used to get bass & dabs anchored up about 600yds off shore, looking at the end of Worms Head through the gap between Burry Holms & the mainland on the flood, drop your "hook" so that you cant see The Worm through the gap, then let yourself back until it comes into view. The channel might have changed a bit but not much I'll bet, it was one of the few stable bits of the entire bloody estuary, cruise in & out keeping the Worm in that gap, until it drops off on the sounder.;) Be careful in that estuary, get down there with binos & compass & chart whenever we have big tides or a blow, & be prepared to make chart changes, or ALWAYS FOLLOW A BIGGER BOAT IN & OUT, then if he runs aground you stop!:whistling:
blueskip

·
Premium Member
36,348 Posts
Be careful in that estuary, get down there with binos & compass & chart whenever we have big tides or a blow, & be prepared to make chart changes, or ALWAYS FOLLOW A BIGGER BOAT IN & OUT, then if he runs aground you stop!
I think that sums it up very well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts