World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i start,,,,,IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS WEB SITE? GOD ITS SO SLOW IVE BEEN WAITING TO CHANGE PAGES FOR EVER,,,ALL MY OTHER ONES ARE FAST,,,,,,,,,,ANYWAY,,,,,Ive got a fishfinder ive put the transducer in a plastic container in water and is floating on the top of a bin filled with water,,,i know it wont be to accurate but i am getting a reading 1.9m ,cant be right ive mearsured it and be lucky to get half a metre of water in the bin,,,but reading has flucuated to 1.5 and has gone to 0.9 at the lowest,,,,even if i can get some idea of depth it will help me out ther,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and BLUE SKIP, might be able to help me here ...CAN I CUT THE CABLE ,,AS IT IS MILES LONG,,,and i dont want it snagging on me anchor or worse round my prop,,,,,i can shorten it and join with water proof connections,,,,then have it on the hull of the dinghy,,,,can anyone help,,,CHEERS ALL

G

·
Firstly, the site was running slow but now seems to be ok.
Next, if the transducer is bobbing about you will not get an accurate reading, it needs to be pointing directly at the bottom of the bin. You may get a better idea by just holding it on the surface of the water rather than putting it in a separate container first.
Next question. Do not cut the cable under any circumstances. You could shorten the power cable but not the one to the transducer. Just coil it up and wrap in insulating tape or secure with cable ties. If you cut it you could well end up with all sorts of interference on your screen.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent TERRY ive a good 15 metre of cable,so ill just coil it all up on a small drum, and try what you have said TIGHT LINES MATE

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI TERRY well it works,,,,ive no dam instructions with it,,,welll i have in every languge except english,,,,,ive exactly 0.500mm of water from the centre of the bottom to the top centre of water,,,and i get 0.9m im sure in my book would i be correct in assuming that is ,,,900mm ,so i am getting a reading that is 400mm out to far?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
putting it in a bin is not a fair test +or- 400mm is nothing in 20ft, but a lot in a bucket! your excess lead dont cut it whatever you do, coil it up in NON TOUCHING coils,if the coils touch it could affect your reading, I usually put panel pins in a ply board, & weave the spare cable around the pins.;)
blueskip

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The transducer may be giving you a double or even triple bounce because of the lash up nature of how your testing it .

Reading 1.9 meters divided by 3 (for a triple bounce) X % of 39 inches (1 Meter) = about 24 inches. Does that sound right for the actual depth of water?

Bouncing is when the depth is so low in comparison to the strength of the signal put out, that the signal bounces up and back a couple of times.

Afishionado

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Quote.......ply board, & weave the spare cable around the pins.........
And in some lights the pattern looks like the face of the Madonna..
SPOOKY!!!!!

Afishionado

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
If you put the panel pins in the right place, it makes up a picture of her with her kit off! not THE madonna I mean our "dirty Mrs Ritchie type madonna"! yeahhhhhhhhhh!
blueskip

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many Thanks Gents,,,,,ill Let You Know How I Get On, With It ,,,ILL SELL IT AS MODERN ART..,,IF IT DON T WORK ,,,TEE HEEE

·
Banned
820 Posts
If you put the panel pins in the right place, it makes up a picture of her with her kit off! not THE madonna I mean our "dirty Mrs Ritchie type madonna"! yeahhhhhhhhhh!
blueskip
If you rearrange the pins to do a St Christopher shape you will.........................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts