World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a little help from chunky69, dave fitz , my mate jamie and mate steve we ran a match today at grain.

Origonally wed decided to put 15 pegs out but as word got around a few people wanted to fish so in the end we put 35 pegs out expecting around 25 people to turn up, we ended with 27 which was a great turn out for our first mini match.

With a higher enty than expected we decided to pay out 1st , 2nd , 3rd and 4th place, it was a lenght match, any size fish counted towards your overall lenght, that way all fish went back unless kept for the pot.

The weather was pants, i was a tad worried that alot wouldnt bother turning up.

Anyway booking in was at midday and the match was to start at 13:15 and fininsh at 17:15.

Fishing was extremely hard for some pegs, many pegs didnt even have a bite.

About half recorded fish on their score cardds and the other half blanked.

Result:

1st place - Grain local Tom carey - 140cm - peg 29.

2nd place - Dave byatt from medway rollers - 94cm - peg 30.

3rd place - Grain local Will swan - 87cm - peg 23.

Joint 4th place - Grain local Kyle and Chris humphreys (forum member medway chris) - both with 49cm - from pegs 12 and 33.

Clearly the higher pegs were better.

A big thank you to all who turned up, a shame the fish didnt really feel the same.

A tad dissapointed to see the carpark almost empty when i got back, seemed the only people who hung around were the ones who were in with a shout of picking up money. nevermind.

We are running another match on saturday 1st december down medway city estate. meeting at 09:30. i will post full details in a couple of weeks.

Tight lines.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Thanks for a well organised and friendly meet dan it was nice to see some new faces.
At least the weather held out shame the fish were thin on the ground.
Had to go at 4pm as the wife decided to lock herself out of the house with the oven on.
Once again good job mate.
Sky Cloud Road Highland Tree
Sea Coast Shore Sky Beach
Sky Sea Horizon Shore Cloud
Fishing rod Angling Fishing Casting (fishing) Sky

·
Registered
771 Posts
Great turnout today dan, a big thanks to you and the others who helped with the organisation of the match. Sadly my peg (21) was lacking fish, i lost 1 fish but apart from that my baits returned untouched all day! I was a bit surprised that the car park was empty apart from yourself and mark when i returned at 5:30, i suppose a lot of people were disheartened with blanking. Higher numbers definitely had the action, but thats the lick of the draw! Really looking forwards to the medway city estate match, an area i am more knowledgeable on! Just a big thanks to everyone who showed today, and hope we have a decent turn out again for the next 1!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks guys for a good afternoon of match fishing. Being one of the skilled (lucky) anglers that manage to catch fish I had a really good day and I'm looking forward to the next event. It was great to meet you guys today and to witness the most unique fishing by the winner tom, cast out, walk away chat for half hour then reel in fish! Hope I havnt given away his secret! Thanks again.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
175 Posts
No secret mate i was using split grain lug on a pully rig smash it as far as i could went for a chat reel in the fish. The pressure was on as im the local boy. Just wanted to say a big thank you to those who braved the weather and took part. Tight lines

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well done Dan and all those who organised today. Congratulations to the winners :clap:
Unfortunately my peg (18) was one of those that was lacking in bites.
Found it really hard going today, but really good to meet up with everyone.

Looking forward to the next one.

Martin

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah well done guys, i thought it was a really well organised and friendly match, everyone knew what was going on and found their way to their pegs, as everyone else has said, its just a shame more fish didnt show, but you cant organise that!

Def keep up posted about the next one at MCE, sounds good!

Cheers.

Will

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sounds like a good meet, I will keep an eye open for details of the mce meet and hopefully come along.

Didn,t fancy grain this time around due to the long run of blanks that I suffered th ere over the spring/summer.

Well done for getting it organised

Lee

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most enjoyable day well organized with plenty of banter, look forward to many more to come even if my eldest keeps on about becoming 4th.
Dan always been the way people tend to leave if they have nowt to weigh in does leave you with a thankless job some times, but stick with it m8 the only way you could maybe keep all to the very end is charge a bit more entry fee and incorporate a raffle prize? But keep it up m8:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.