World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right lads some info if you will.of on holiday end of sept and going to have a few boat trips any info on what to expect here and what are the boats like
cheers lads.

·
Registered
383 Posts
where are you going to? stayed in peurto rico in august about 10 years back so maybe a lot has changed since then.went out on an all day boat fishing session,boat was awesome fast and spacious. i had to book it via a sports/diving shop in the shopping centre, cost about 40 uk notes back then!. think they were also offering fishing trips in the harbour.the boat was a game fishing boat just like in the films but not like jaws.if i recall there was about 5/6 of us in the party.we set off early and and steamed for an hour or two,perfect for getting rid of the san miguel hangover.they had set up 2 huge "muppets" on the outrigers in the hope for the larger species tuna swordfish etc.we were then allocated time slots for these out riggers so if one would pop during your time you had control of the chair on the back.it only went once during our trip and the fish was lost.but they had also rigged up smaller game rods on the back for us all to use. had lots of fun with durado and bonito tuna (i think) hard work though, these fish were up to a max of 15lbs but they dont half hangon.manged to see some larger tuna in the distance and several dolphins etc.all in all a good day and well worth it.dont forget your sun cream, hat,fluids and most importantly camera (i did).my father went a couple of years ago, but later on in the year. he went but he said all he done was bottom fish for rays and "hounds"

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tuna ,swordfish if i catch one of them i might decide to stay. thanks for the info looking foward to it even more now.

·
Registered
383 Posts
you will have to stay a while if you land one of them, you wouldn't get it in your suitcase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts