World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fancied heading to granton breakwater for a spot of fishing sometime next week, and was inetrested to know what kind of fish have been getting caught there recently?

i know you get a few mackerel later on in the summer but thats all i know about it

Thanks in advance

Fraser

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not really heard much recently mate but it shouldn't be long until the codling start showing. Good spot for wrasse in the summer and they should show soon too.

Post back how you get on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wrasse, codling, odd coalie, some mini-species and if you cast to far onto the mud the odd chance of a dab or flounder. You can usually tell when the mackerel are in - when the breakwater looks busy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds alright, as long as it gives me a bend in the rod, i'll be happy.

whats best way of fishing, tiny casts using adjustable floats and lugworm as bait is what ive been told. is that standard for granton?

cheers for the replies folks

Fraser

·
Registered
482 Posts
not a distance mark but for the dab I went further out from the complete end of the pier. i used sinker. there is a flat rockbed close in and further out is muddy. just cast out, you'll get flatties far out and cod/saith close in. i have reeled in some traces with spinnerblades on them for the flatties so it must be used there a lot.

jan

whats best way of fishing, tiny casts using adjustable floats and lugworm as bait is what ive been told. is that standard for granton?

Fraser

·
Registered
116 Posts

Fraser
Can't go wrong with float fished rag for the wrasse mate. A short lob out - no more than 10 yards!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfortunately im not going to get a chance to go this week, will be next week before i get a chance, will post how i get on when i go.

Fraser

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had a couple of hours at Granton at the weekend, tried feathers & a float, blanked. DrDoug was there & still fishing when I left, don't know if he got anything. There was some other anglers at the first hut who said they had one tiny codling. - cheers keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts