World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to near grass point mull next month. Looks good from google earth but looks can be deceptive and I’ve been disappointed on arrival to marks that look good before. Few old posts suggests it’ll be good, I’m assuming pollock of course, but also wondering about troot, codling, mackies (if not too late) and wrasse (love lure fishing for wrasse!) is it deep water there? And easy enough/safe fishing?
Any thoughts/experience/techniques greatly appreciated!
Thankyou

·
Registered
375 Posts
On Mull, I recall catching good pollack from the rocks behind Glengorm castle; and wrasse and pollack at Gribun.

Nearer Grass point, the scones at Duart caste tearoom were good.........

·
Registered
571 Posts
I don't know the area but have a technique for the pollack which I find very successful: a locked-in lead 3-6ft in front of the lure, which meant that once I felt the lead hit the bottom/structure I could do a few quick winds so then the lure always stays just above the snags as it sinks slower than the lead. Any areas with decent tidal flow such as headlands and deepish rocky/kelpy ground should hold a few pollock. A constant steady retrieve as slow as possible without snagging is best I find. Goodluck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts