World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one for anyone who is interested I went out this morning for a short trip down to my usual patch on the Dorset coast and I had with me a pack of the Gravity Pintails in white and the Pulsetail in the wasagaki colour and a pack of the new hks that they have to go with them thought I would have a try even though perfectly happy with what I always use myself.

Greeted by a strong 20mph North easterly wind made things a bit difficult for some of where I was fishing
Anyway first thoughts are they cast great very stable and punched into the strong wind very well much better than using my usual Dolives .

I made a point of working them in the clear water at my feet so I knew how they worked and reacted to what I was doing , I find this very inportant to know with all my lures as I need to know what thye are doing when they working for me out in the sea etc

I didnt catch on the white Pintail however Iknow it will and will add a useful and different change lure to my Dolive fishing.

The pulsetail was great and I managed to catch 9 Bass all between 45cmm- 52cm biggest on the same lure no rattle just the straight lure hooked up on a weighted 6/0 hk , had a few at range on straight retrieve but I had 2 by just holding the pulsetail in the whitewater behind a rock and it was just shimmering its tail and it got nailed twice by Bass which were working the small gap between the rocks .
Anyway thought some of you might be interested when I have fished them more will post maybe more thoughts but initial thoughts are obviously they were going to catch bass anyway but for me its whether they can add anything to my existing s/p armoury and I think they will very subtle tweaks and refinements maybe but they will go alongside my Dolives and other softs
Good luck if youre out this weekend!
Rich
IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_2719.jpg

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Nice one Richard, I cannot tell you how interesting it is for me to start seeing how other anglers get on with these new lures.................

When I started talking with Savage Gear, a lure along the lines of the Pintail and the Paddletail were my initial ideas, but straight away Mads persuaded me to at least try a Pulsetail version and see how it went. I am so glad he did! There seems to be something about how the Pulsetail swims which can really do it for the bass, and I think it casts the best out of all of them. So easy to fish with as well, I really wanted that.

Hope the lures keep on working for you, enjoy!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one Richard, I cannot tell you how interesting it is for me to start seeing how other anglers get on with these new lures.................

When I started talking with Savage Gear, a lure along the lines of the Pintail and the Paddletail were my initial ideas, but straight away Mads persuaded me to at least try a Pulsetail version and see how it went. I am so glad he did! There seems to be something about how the Pulsetail swims which can really do it for the bass, and I think it casts the best out of all of them. So easy to fish with as well, I really wanted that.

Hope the lures keep on working for you, enjoy!
Thank you Henry,
Definitely impressed with the casting as it was very difficult this morning ,looking forward to the winds dropping slightly will help where I fish give them a real good workout !
The Pulsetail was great just held stationary in the gulley could see its tail working and watched the Bass nail it as they came between the rocks
reckon that will get a lot of playtime!
Rich

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great report Richard. I’m waiting for my pulse tails to come in. Know I can get elsewhere but keen on supporting my local tackle shop. Was down at a local Dorset mark on Tuesday evening. Caught my first Ballan Wrasse on lure amongst the seaweed, a beautiful green colour and a great fight....no Bass though. Out again this weekend

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thank you Henry,
Definitely impressed with the casting as it was very difficult this morning ,looking forward to the winds dropping slightly will help where I fish give them a real good workout !
The Pulsetail was great just held stationary in the gulley could see its tail working and watched the Bass nail it as they came between the rocks
reckon that will get a lot of playtime!
Rich
Watching the bass hit the lure? Class! I reckon I'd have fallen in with excitement.

It's interesting how well the Pulsetail casts, the tail doesn't tend to fold over like with a paddletail lure, and now I know how well a Pulsetail style tail and action works for bass, I can't bloody sleep properly because of the ideas I have for other lures and that kind of action.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good stuff Richard,
More lures to consider, the casting ability would be a draw as the wind is frequently a challenge :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
great report thanks for sharing

Reactions: Richard Lane

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you manage to get them Richard,,
Great fishing by the way...

Looking forward to trying the pulse tail....

Nasty winds indeed....

So yeah,, great angling sir
Veals Mark
was getting some other bits and saw them on their only£6.99 a pk so pretty good price considering Dolives are £10.99 usually

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,375 Posts
I seen them on flea bay yesterday Mark

Thanks for that...

Just bought 2 packs of white,, 6 in pack,,,

And 1 pack of wagsaki,,,...

Looking forward to getting stuck in with them....

Great time of year coming, with bigger bass...

There be here on time,, lovely job...

So cheers again murpho

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great write up Richard.
How would you compare the action of the pulstail to that of the Power shad ,or the Sakura
thanks Hennie
They are very subtle in that it is really just that last little tail section that shimmers on the retrieve a real less is more so to speak action.
Of course only had the one session so will put more time in with it/them but certainly adds to the trick bag!

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
thanks Hennie
They are very subtle in that it is really just that last little tail section that shimmers on the retrieve a real less is more so to speak action.
Of course only had the one session so will put more time in with it/them but certainly adds to the trick bag!
I like that, subtle is great.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Would love to see them and other soft plastic lures in the savage gear lemon back colour.....

Got a packet there myself....
Went for the pulsetail as well....
Got paddle tail and dolive and stick baits etc....so went for the pulsetail too....
As you said fills in a wee gap in the lures and hopefully cast better then a paddle tail paddlein through the air....lol...

Cheers ken

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks Richard I must try these more and have to buy some of these to!! I often think I can't really use them in the fast current I often fish. Hoping to get out early tomorrow and Tuesday and hoping to fish senco dolive etc
Fiish minnow copies doing the business for me currently had two nice fish on them Friday so effective

1 - 20 of 33 Posts