World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a good fun day out from brighton wrecking yesterday 6 of us went, it was our first time aboard the grey viking and also our first time wrecking.
we met ray on the boat around 7:15am and was soon steaming out to our first wreck over sea that was so flat it looked like glass, we hardly felt a breath of wind all day it was great :)

james got the day under way straight away with a 2.5lb cod followed a short time later by a 6.5lb cod

i got my first pollack at 8lb

managed to get my target fish of a double figure cod at 13lb :)

im waiting on some more pics but total catch for the day iirc was 4 cod (13lb 6.5lb 2x 2.5lb) 1 pollack (8lb) 1 tub gurnard, 4-5 pouting (biggest was huge ~3lb) 1 squid on a 6" sidewinder :eek: 20+ mackeral
at the end of the day ray said the fishing had been a bit slow and he would liked to see more cod on the boat but we wer happy with our catch and had good fun out there.
compliments to the skipper ray, nice bloke and very helpful with a nice comfy boat to fish from, wer all itching to get back out soon :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
well done on the pb ...you did the right thing going out on the grey viking ray is a top skipper and its a great fishing boat too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts