World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I don't want to worry anyone, but my real name is Noah and I've always felt I was put on this world for a special reason. Last night the final pieces of my jigsaw of life came together and I'm just off to buy some wood, glue and nails.

I arrived at the Wharf way too early, the water was still a long long way from the wall. I surveyed the ground we would be fishing later, making a mental note of a couple of likely looking gulleys before ordering my first bottle of Bulmers from the very handily located Wharf Hotel.

Darren arrived a few minutes later, shortly followed by Mr and Mrs Baitman who joined us for a very pleasant pint. Mr Baitman had my bag of "gear" with him. Very good value for 3 wraps of blow and half a pound of reds. "It's good quality, whole and uncut" said baitman as £15 changed hands. What we didn't know was that the bloke sitting next to us was an undercover drugs squad officer. I was still hiding in the bushes as Baitman and Mrs Baitman were dragged kicking and screaming into the back of a Police van, covered in pepper spray and a sizzling tazer sticking out of his arse. I'm sure they will both laugh about it when they get out in 5 years time.

Darren and I had another pint then settled into our swims as the water started to threaten the rocks at our feet.

Off on a tangent....when I arrived there was a chap digging maddies in preperation for a session at Shoreham today. He didn't get many and the few he dug were very small. Don't bother digging maddies at Grays is the message he gave.

About 9pm and we started fishing.

Darren had the first fish, possibly the smallest eel I've ever seen:

I was next in with the smallest Sole I've ever caught:

shortly followed by the smallest flounder I've ever caught:

Darren was on a roll with the eels and landed 2 more followed by the only keeper sole of the night. It was only just a keeper so went back anyway.

Darren had one bite on the whole squid bass rod fished at distance which didn't connect. All I had on my bass rod was a 2" pull down which didn't develop.

I took several night light photos which are are just a squiggly blur, this being my best effort at an arti farti photo last night:

About midnight we packed up. We had a quick chat with 2 anglers in the car park who had fished up by the play ground. They had caught one eel and a flounder between them and only seen one other fish caught out of several rods fishing.

I caught:

2 sole.

2 eels.

2 flounders.

2 Mozzie bites.

I'm just about to google "how to build an arc?".

Tight lines and move to higher ground,

GS.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice to to talk to you in the car park, better session than us further up, only two fish - eel and flounder
Plagued by mozzies as well!

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Roll on Saturday. if you want to dig maddies at Grays then try past the yacht club

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
He's a bit slow Ian, hasn't caught onto the bacon rind and chicken chunks yet!

Thats what i like to hear Si, lots of crabs mean everyone needs to buy more bait.!!!!!!!!!

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Thats what i like to hear Si, lots of crabs mean everyone needs to buy more bait.!!!!!!!!!
After yesterdays digging trip, which resulted in 1 sprained wrist after the 1st dig, I dare say the Essex lads will be after bait from you.

C

·
0 Posts
Have you guys tried popping your baits up? It's not much good for soles and eels, but it's a great way of fishing for bass. You can leave baits out long enough for the bass to find them.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
Is it going to rain for 40 days and nights ?
Dont care if it does, as i'm not fishing at the moment, saving
up my fishing Mojo & cash for Norway in Sept' :happy:

As for the "Arty Farty" picture, get a mini Tripod for the tackle box :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well that's f..cked it for the meet tomorrow!

:cry::cry::cry:

Good report though.

:1a::1a::1a:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts