World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somebody give me directions to grays promenade,exactly where the two blokes were fishing in the last edition of sea angler,there seems to be an housing estate behind where they are fishing .there is a wall with railings from where you can fish...i would like to fish from here and be able to keep an eye on my car(if you know what i mean?)...i am coming from the southend direction....thanks everyone......black hawk...............

·
Registered
215 Posts
can somebody give me directions to grays promenade,exactly where the two blokes were fishing in the last edition of sea angler,there seems to be an housing estate behind where they are fishing .there is a wall with railings from where you can fish...i would like to fish from here and be able to keep an eye on my car(if you know what i mean?)...i am coming from the southend direction....thanks everyone......black hawk...............
I live 80yds from where picture was taken. If you look for the Wharf public house on google you can park there and are about 150yds from the wall. It will be difficult to keep an eye on the car as the wharf sits below the car parks and you could not see over. We have our own car park where i live but has only a few spaces for residents and guests and the road itself has parking restrictions to stop commuters parking.

Look for Argent street on map and pub is just off this. fishing is quiet there at moment

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
A13 to grays turn off. Follow the signs to the town centre, you will go past a speed camera on your left hand side and an esseo garage on your right hand side. Follow the road to the right at the roundabout and you will have Lidls (or Aldi) just to the right of you. Just past this supermarket on the left hand side there is a road (argent) follow this to the right and the pub is the 1st or 2nd turnoff.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ok if you want directions from a13 here as follows. Come off london bound a13 signedposted grays. take second exit of first roundabout. then the next roundabout you come to (treacle mine) take 3rd exit heading to grays centre. next roundabout you come to take second exit. you will go past speed camera and esso garage. next roundabout take second exit. morrisons should then be on your left. come to a give way sign then get into right hand lane. at lights turn right going past Aldi's on left. you will then come to mini roundabout, with car dealer on corner. turn left there (argent st) follow road under bridge, and just as you bear round to left, take road on right hand side called wharf road south. pub is 70 yds down there on right RM17 5YX. Et Voila!!!
incidently pub does steak and chips in there for £2.99 most times worth a visit. Yes and before any wise cracks yes it has a gay side to it, but have taken my kids there and things are fine there.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
ok if you want directions from a13 here as follows. Come off london bound a13 signedposted grays. take second exit of first roundabout. then the next roundabout you come to (treacle mine) take 3rd exit heading to grays centre. next roundabout you come to take second exit. you will go past speed camera and esso garage. next roundabout take second exit. morrisons should then be on your left. come to a give way sign then get into right hand lane. at lights turn right going past Aldi's on left. you will then come to mini roundabout, with car dealer on corner. turn left there (argent st) follow road under bridge, and just as you bear round to left, take road on right hand side called wharf road south. pub is 70 yds down there on right RM17 5YX. Et Voila!!!
incidently pub does steak and chips in there for £2.99 most times worth a visit. Yes and before any wise cracks yes it has a gay side to it, but have taken my kids there and things are fine there.

i used the toilet..... learnt my lesson i can tell you!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone for the input and i think i can follow your directions..just one last thing,does the water go out very far or can you fish it at any state...thanks again..black hawk

·
Registered
21,058 Posts
From the prom you can fish 3-4 hours before HW depending on how good a caster you are and about 2 hours after. You can follow the tide out and fish at low water but I don't recommend this if you don't know the place...can be a bit dangerous if you tread in the wrong place!

thanks everyone for the input and i think i can follow your directions..just one last thing,does the water go out very far or can you fish it at any state...thanks again..black hawk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts