World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished a few hours of the ebb yesterday (VERY WINDY!!!!)just how the bass like it. landed three, missed three other good bites. not bad fishing for two & a half hours with one rod.
fish landed were two @ 2lb & one better one @ just under 4lb.
best bait for getting bites was ragworm with squid head on end 4 bites but only one hooked, straight ragworm 2 bites, both landed including the biggest one.
back for another go tonight.........
a lot of people are telling me that rag is not fishing very good along here this year....... maybe they are using the farmed ones???

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i had a drive down there yesterday down by the boat club to find a good place to fish do u guys usually fish from the wall or is there somewhere else??

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tarmac square to the right of yacht club is good. i was on slipway.(boat club members only)

·
Team Essex
1,055 Posts
It is a bit drop one, hook one down there at the moment and the odd bigger one . Or like me just get smashed all nite by them big old flounder that have shown up again:bangin:.
Myself an Gav had the same bass the other nite , I tired it out an it dropped off ten yards out .Ten mins later he hooked it an we landed it a4llb fish . He will dispute this ian but when we opened it up an done a Quincey there was my bait in its stomach.
They are very fickle down there with 3 coming on squid heads one nite then only taking the worm the following nite.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
its got more than enough holes in it, lol,well done ian :drunk:

·
Registered
585 Posts
nice fishing ian seem to just be having eels at the wharf at the mo. Time to start changing rigs again soon as the whitting and the ever hopefull coddy may show soon.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
nice one ian, hopefully a few more yet to come.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The moon is full so its gotta be good. Rag has been working well for me.

I am going to try my luck at Weymouth this week, so I am going to up the stakes. Whole mackerel and squid .... and the odd lure.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The moon is full so its gotta be good. Rag has been working well for me.

I am going to try my luck at Weymouth this week, so I am going to up the stakes. Whole mackerel and squid .... and the odd lure.
I know... thats because you use fresh worms that have come from the sea, not farmed c**p that has no scent inside them.
have a go for the mullet in weymouth harbour, only need float tackle(freshwater type) couple of loaves mashed up in bucket, slice or two for hookbait.brilliant fishing!!!!!

·
Registered
21,839 Posts
Fished first 3 hours flood on bird sanctuary this morning, not a sniff, not even an eel. Used the rest of my bait from last week as it was still in good shape. Now I know where the wood comes from Ian, theres another lot of petrified trees on this stretch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts