World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished a few hours of the ebb yesterday (VERY WINDY!!!!)just how the bass like it. landed three, missed three other good bites. not bad fishing for two & a half hours with one rod.
fish landed were two @ 2lb & one better one @ just under 4lb.
best bait for getting bites was ragworm with squid head on end 4 bites but only one hooked, straight ragworm 2 bites, both landed including the biggest one.
back for another go tonight.........
a lot of people are telling me that rag is not fishing very good along here this year....... maybe they are using the farmed ones???

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i had a drive down there yesterday down by the boat club to find a good place to fish do u guys usually fish from the wall or is there somewhere else??

·
Team Essex
1,055 Posts
It is a bit drop one, hook one down there at the moment and the odd bigger one . Or like me just get smashed all nite by them big old flounder that have shown up again:bangin:.
Myself an Gav had the same bass the other nite , I tired it out an it dropped off ten yards out .Ten mins later he hooked it an we landed it a4llb fish . He will dispute this ian but when we opened it up an done a Quincey there was my bait in its stomach.
They are very fickle down there with 3 coming on squid heads one nite then only taking the worm the following nite.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
nice one ian, hopefully a few more yet to come.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The moon is full so its gotta be good. Rag has been working well for me.

I am going to try my luck at Weymouth this week, so I am going to up the stakes. Whole mackerel and squid .... and the odd lure.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The moon is full so its gotta be good. Rag has been working well for me.

I am going to try my luck at Weymouth this week, so I am going to up the stakes. Whole mackerel and squid .... and the odd lure.
I know... thats because you use fresh worms that have come from the sea, not farmed c**p that has no scent inside them.
have a go for the mullet in weymouth harbour, only need float tackle(freshwater type) couple of loaves mashed up in bucket, slice or two for hookbait.brilliant fishing!!!!!

·
Registered
21,930 Posts
Fished first 3 hours flood on bird sanctuary this morning, not a sniff, not even an eel. Used the rest of my bait from last week as it was still in good shape. Now I know where the wood comes from Ian, theres another lot of petrified trees on this stretch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts