World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
ITS TIME TO GET THE RUBBER GLOVES ON lets see how many anglers are willing to give up a little of their time to join in the RSPB litter pick the more that join in the less time it will take and we will be able to see just how much of the litter belongs to anglers and hopefully do some good for our sport for a change

·
Registered
199 Posts
Disgusting. Whenever I go out I always take a bag and look around the mark and pick up any rubbish I see. I shouldnt have to do it but if I didnt it ruins the reputation for everyone. It rarely takes more than 5 mins but it takes even less time to put whatever rubbish you have in your pockets to empty when you get home, simple.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am well p***ed off, i have a dog and i would be gutted if i lost him. why in god name would you discard a hook with bait on. utter t**ts. sorry for the rant but it makes me really angry.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Really sad to read that the dog died,such a needless waste of life,thats one person who will now think all anglers are thoughtless.
This one oversight or thoughtless act has repercussions for all anglers who fish that area which is a shame. The minority will spoil things for the majority yet again.
I have come across thoughtless dog owners whist fishing too,ive had my bait bucket pi**ed in(by a dog not the owner LOL),live fish stolen from a water filled bucket by dogs ,whos owners feel should be allowed to roam the banks within shouting distance of them.
As weve got to share "our" areas we fish with others ,its important we try to limit any possible confrontational problems or we could loose access to some areas for good.

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
you notice the dangers + quantity of rubbish left more when you take a dog...
i take one most of the time + pulled hooks out of mouth - face - paws many times..
even from spots that dont see to many people let alone the pig stys........

you can count me in for any clean-ups that are necessary........

·
Registered
313 Posts
have travelled down a few times after specimin bream,shame if people are spoiling it by leaving litter. Never knew the pool could throw up specimin doggies as well change of tackics next time.:oops:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
as most of you knew, a recent competition was held on Putsborough beach...........43 anglers attended..............only two anglers left rubbish........NOTE: these were two people who had lessons on casting the night before !! so not anglers, just danglers.........they left 8 beer cans in the surf......collected by myself (also left 2 rods and a rod pod, but thats another story).......all who attended did see my upset at the prize givings !!.... feel a bit embarrassed at my rant in front of 41 people:sad:.............but........one of those things that does get to me !!..

BUT the other 41 anglers, took every peice of litter, cans, line, hooks everything home.couldnt fault the great respect !!:victory:

So........99% of anglers would never dream of it......I also carp fish, on lakes, we even pick up our dog ends (excuse the punn).

1% can ruin it for others.

BUT...............we all have break off's, snap off's and lose rigs, maybe this is one of them....??

I can say............if every person who lives by the sea, left just one peice of rubbish............then in a day thats 100's of thousands of peices of rubbish !!........but if every person by the sea, took home just one peice of rubbish (even if its not theirs) thats ZERO rubbish !!....

P.S Did that make sense ????:victory:

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
have travelled down a few times after specimin bream,shame if people are spoiling it by leaving litter. Never knew the pool could throw up specimin doggies as well change of tackics next time.:oops:
I can see this backfiring

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all , am new to this site and just want to say hello , have been fishing a while and found this site a fe months ago , thought i ought to post at some point so here goes .

It s not just the anglers , how many times have you been on a grockle beach and found cans , lolly wrappers or been to the local rec and found rubbish strewn by people playing football ect ect ect , it happens but as said it is always the minority . "it takes alot to earn a good reputation but it is very easy to loose it " . Unfortunately it does happen , but i would be sure that as said if you collected ten bags of rubbish what percentage of it would be angler related , and yes chesil is a prime example come sumer time .

going back to the original post , it could have of been an honest mistake as i had lost a rig on one sesh as was flat out pulling LSD's in and pre baiting rigs ect , come the end of the night packed up and checked my area to make sure all was clear . when i got back to the car I found a rig well and truly stuck to the arse of my bib 'n' brace , must have sat on it in the rush , wasnt baited but the principal is that it could have of dropped off . I am not defending the person but trying to look at it form all angles as we all make mistakes !

tight lines

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Hi all , am new to this site and just want to say hello , have been fishing a while and found this site a fe months ago , thought i ought to post at some point so here goes .

It s not just the anglers , how many times have you been on a grockle beach and found cans , lolly wrappers or been to the local rec and found rubbish strewn by people playing football ect ect ect , it happens but as said it is always the minority . "it takes alot to earn a good reputation but it is very easy to loose it " . Unfortunately it does happen , but i would be sure that as said if you collected ten bags of rubbish what percentage of it would be angler related , and yes chesil is a prime example come sumer time .

going back to the original post , it could have of been an honest mistake as i had lost a rig on one sesh as was flat out pulling LSD's in and pre baiting rigs ect , come the end of the night packed up and checked my area to make sure all was clear . when i got back to the car I found a rig well and truly stuck to the arse of my bib 'n' brace , must have sat on it in the rush , wasnt baited but the principal is that it could have of dropped off . I am not defending the person but trying to look at it form all angles as we all make mistakes !

tight lines

Crabb Feeder............did you say 'GROCKLE' ???.....:uhuh::nonono:

Once bitten, twice shy !!...........

But on a sensible note, like my last reply.......yes it could have been a snap off / break off...........99% of anglers are good....just the 1%

·
Registered
7 Posts
:hammer:Sorry for using the "G" word:notworthy , meant people on holiday using the beach for other recreational purposes other than fishing , maybe a bad start to posting ! but yes it is a sad way to bring anglers to the headlines .

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
:hammer:Sorry for using the "G" word:notworthy , meant people on holiday using the beach for other recreational purposes other than fishing , QUOTE]

WELL DONE MATE, U CAME FIRST IN THE THREE LEGGED BACKWARD WALKING RACE !!!!!!!.

ALL is forgotten meeeeee thinks.........:victory:

My lesson was learnt about a month ago !!!:group:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Like someone has mentioned what about the other side of the coin?
I know many times i have seen and had it happen, when dogs that cant be controlled by there owners run off with a baited rig or steal bait.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Like someone has mentioned what about the other side of the coin?
I know many times i have seen and had it happen, when dogs that cant be controlled by there owners run off with a baited rig or steal bait.

too right.

dogs are thick,some even eat their own turds:eek:hmy:maybe its a sick kind of karma?...who knows!...

its the owners that are the problem!!!...

RSPB land?..

so the dog should of been on a lead then?.its about time dog owners realised that their not the only ones that use the coast.this sort of thing doesnt happen everyday.ok its sad that a dog died but its not an everyday thing is it?..what next?..banning cars because a few dogs get run over every year!!..sorry for the rant. but why does it take a dogs death to get everyone to clean up somewhere??.i dont get it.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I love dogs so i'm a bit sad about this but i have to agree with Ashblack.
Going:eek:fftopic: a bit whats wrong with the word "grockle"?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts