World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If carlsberg did fishing trips, we have been on one, what a great days fishing me & Jerry had saturday.
We took the 9.30 lock out & headed towards the mid buoy, dropped the hook, & were on the fish straight away.
We had a few big rays then the Hobbs rod bent double as he struck into what seemed like a big fish got it to the side of the boat it was a large conger about 12lb which we let it go at the side, then a few more double figure Ray came to the boat which were released at the Side. Jerry then[ spent 10 mins bringing a large Ray of about 15 lb to the boat again it was released.
I then on the 20lb class boat, rod with a wishbone rig, a whole squid & a whole sprat had a run, it took line like a steam train, the rod was bent from top to tip, & I could barley move it, I pumped it to within 50 mtrs of the boat & saw a huge swirl, it was a huge ray, it the steamed off over 100 yards of line, after 20 mins I was hand lining it in when it snapped off,Gutting, Jerry then had a Ray of nearly 20lb, we then moved to the Ranny, Jerry then had a 6 lb Cod, we had in excess of 10 Rays to 20lb, 6 doggies, 1 conger, & a Cod. getting in for about 7ish for a few beers & steamed Cod.
Great Day Glasses Sky Hand Photograph Goggles
Jeans Water Sky Goggles White
Water Vertebrate Lake Body of water Surf fishing
Water Cloud Sky Daytime White

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
Sounds like a Great Day, See you out soon, On the Cod hopefully, Just came back from CBYC had a mini Comp a Couple nice cod caught today, 11lber took first

Welldone again Blue Moon brilliant day on the Fish :)
Bob

·
Things Come to Those Who Bait
2,460 Posts
Sounds like a Great Day, See you out soon, On the Cod hopefully, Just came back from CBYC had a mini Comp a Couple nice cod caught today, 11lber took first

Welldone again Blue Moon brilliant day on the Fish :)
Bob

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Great trip and a good mix of species well done:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts