World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for the day yesterday from Meva on Aquilla, and what a day it was.
Got a little way out and started drifting for whiting using unbaited silver shrimp. As soon as your weight touched the bottom you could feel the whiting slamming into them (sometimes your weight didn't even get the chance to reach the bottom).
This continued for almost 2 hours with the longest time after the weight getting to the bottom to getting hit hard by fish being around 10 seconds or so.
We then moved on to anchor up at a wreck and it wasn't long before the conger came out to play with the biggest being estimated at over 50lb (caught by an Australian lad).
I lost count of how many whiting I caught, also had some huge mackerel and a couple of conger.
A great day out, can't wait to get out again soon, better take the missus next time though as she was as sick as a parrot when I told her what sort of day I had lol.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done m8,sounds like fun.I know theres loads of whiting around at the moment.

·
Registered
24,889 Posts
Went out for the day yesterday from Meva on Aquilla, and what a day it was.
Got a little way out and started drifting for whiting using unbaited silver shrimp. As soon as your weight touched the bottom you could feel the whiting slamming into them (sometimes your weight didn't even get the chance to reach the bottom).
This continued for almost 2 hours with the longest time after the weight getting to the bottom to getting hit hard by fish being around 10 seconds or so.
We then moved on to anchor up at a wreck and it wasn't long before the conger came out to play with the biggest being estimated at over 50lb (caught by an Australian lad).
I lost count of how many whiting I caught, also had some huge mackerel and a couple of conger.
A great day out, can't wait to get out again soon, better take the missus next time though as she was as sick as a parrot when I told her what sort of day I had lol.
Welldone mate!!! We went out for whiting this evening,they were being finnicky <EDIT> !!!!!:victory:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts