World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started early this morning; left the van at 5 am with the mrs and kids snoring away. got to the rock mark at 5.45 am and set up rather slowly, what being useless with float setups lol!
nothing doing for a while, but then the float disappeared. brought in this pollack of 1/2 lb. good start!

then my float flew under not long after. i struck into one strong-willed fishy. couldn't believe what was happening lol! even though i was pulling, the float was still going further to the bottom. then when i thought i was into a 10lb bass, i could pull no longer. seemed to dive straight into a snag. managed somehow to free it, and fishy still on. i eventually brought my very first wrasse to the surface! and it looked like a good one. couldn't figure out how to reach it with my net. but after some tricky contortions, i managed to bring this fella up:

nice set of gnashers on this:

and it weighed in at almost 4 and a half pound!

had another 2lb wrasse and pollack and bass. great day!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
good report m8 and some great pics.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Cracking session there steve, well done m8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Great report and pics Steve and some decent size fish there, lets hope you can carry on the same down Chesil.
Chris

·
Registered
217 Posts
nice one mate well done, wrasse are really good fighters and uv gotta be quick as they have a habit of snaggin u up:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts