World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
i,m looking for any info on marks or beaches around a camping village called Hemsby just outside Great Yarmouth as i plan a holiday there as i have family in Norwich. any help would be grateful??

come on people someone must fish the beaches between Hemsby and Great Yarmouth?
Any help would be much appreciated?? THNX!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
give hemsby a try, its as good as any other local beach,caister on sea, is also good, try winterton beach for decent bass, evening and night fishing is best, you should target flatties and bass, the rocks at second avenue caister can throw up bass to plugs and spinners, if your having no luck,go to bure park caister and fish the river for eels! i caught one on a chip ! yes a chip! ha ha, honest. best of luck mate.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Should be various flats about. With a little bit of surf the bass should show. I fish Hemsby spring time for dabs. Bizarrely there have even been some codling about. Bait from a fish shop called 'dabs 'n' crabs' and a another shop (name unknown) will also have worm. Crabs could be quite busy and a nusiance. Bass will show close in, it's worth fishing with a carp rod and rolling a lead around. There's a bit of a gulley in easy casting range, honestly 20 yds at high water could do the trick. If it's hot and calm some shark species might even show. Nice beach, plenty of room but for some reason not many fish it - not fashionable I guess, but if it's good enough for Paul Kerry, it's good enough for me. You could try other beaches but Hemsby is definately worth a shot. Fishing has been slow around here recently. Check out www.leader-lines.com for recent catch reports. Doubt if you'll see anything from that exact area but you'll get a feel for it. Good luck, put a post on leader lines when you get home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx alot people,
been wanting to kno for ages if hemsby was worth a shot as i used holiday there with family when i was younger. I'll let yous kno how i got on when i come home.

AND THNX AGAIN!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got back from a week's camping/fishing further up the coast at Waxham.

One lesson learned - don't expect any results when there's a seal colony four breakwaters away!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thnx alot people,
been wanting to kno for ages if hemsby was worth a shot as i used holiday there with family when i was younger. I'll let yous kno how i got on when i come home.

AND THNX AGAIN!!!!
I'm going on holiday near hemsby as well and was wondering if anyone had any tips or information for me on things like bait rigs and thebest times to go.

Thanks very much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts