World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Does anyone know which types of fish I might fish for in the Dodecanese islands &nbsp;
?
? &nbsp; &nbsp;ANYTHING BIG &nbsp;
?</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I boat fish in Rhodes each year.  At this time of year blue fin Tuna can be caught.  Take a few floating Rapala lures, the 5" ones, preferably the rattling type.  I use orange, gold and blue.  Use a 15 foot clear mono leader and a small lead weight to sink the lure under the surface  Troll the lures 100 yards behind the boat and set the drag so line can be taken.  Put the ratchet on and wait for the take.  I&#39;ve had some good fish, nothing huge but good sport.  

You can catch Kingfish using the same tactics inshore around the rocky outcrops, but trail the lures more slowly.

Take some suncream and plenty of water as it is extremely hot.

Tight Lines</font>

&

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#0000FF'>&#39;er and I love visiting the greek Islands, (the smaller the better - look at Spetses)&#33; &nbsp;What is the procedure for asking about fishing trips in Greek? &nbsp;It would be a good day out while &#39;my beloved&#39; is buying "dust collectors" for the inlaws and the outlaws, Cheers, Tony.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts