World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished green banks yesterday afternoon. nice conditions, sunny, cold and a low tide so no run through. Used small ragworm that was left over from friday night.

not a bite. there were approx 8 fishing as I could see and nothing was caught. I left half an hour after high.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi dw , sorry to here that you blanked . Could you tell me where Green Banks is ,as I haven't live down in wales for that long in fishing terms or am I just being dull .Also when it fishes e.g high or low tide ? Baits and what are the target fish.

please thanks Dai

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
naa course not m8.. got me thinkin thow , get in the chat room 1 nite, never see you in there, thats where i,m off to now,,..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Unlike my fishing , am a bit crap at this computer thing and not long been on it and never been in a chat room . I've done more surfing down porthcawl than on this thing and as for a chatroom mother always said " don't run before you can walk". I will get there in time . Ihope heehee

·
Registered
287 Posts
just had a look and it all seam a bit scarry , didn't mean to affend anyone buy not saying hello but got a bit overcome with the experiance and didn't like to but in or even no how . I will try again later .

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
they great in there, i just came out, had things 2 do/. next time u on, i take u in, an we sort em all out,, ok, they friendly m8.. leave it 2 me.....an i get u in for free ,, heehee,,...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
green banks is part of the loughor estuary. go towards gowerton from m4 and follow signs to loughor. go over the bridge and through the next roundabout. approx 200 yds there's a layby. park here, cross the railway bridge and walk the muddy/marshy field to reach green banks. fishing is best on a low tide as the pull on the water is too strong otherwise and you wont hold bottom. Waders are essential as it is quite muddy. ( firm but muddy!! )

baits - maddies or small rag on size 1/0 or 4 hooks. flounder is main species, but you tend to get a few small bass, eels and mullet in the summer.

dont fish after heavy rain as it spoils the fishing like every estuary

·
Registered
287 Posts
So poacher it's down the Loughor ,I've even fished there a few times but nearer the railway bridge only caught a couple of flounders at about 1lb . will prob go there when i get home sick fishing for flounders up the river Itchen in my little eight foot boat ah those were the days !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts