World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Not been out for some time now and was thinking of trying the green light but am not sure where to park eg can you park at night down atlantic way, it looks nice and close.

Thanks for any help.

Regards.
edd.

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Give it a chance......the people who have viewed may not know the relevant info that you asked for.....lots of people still in work.

Ive just finished so can tell you that you can park on atlantic trading estate at night but although I have never had problems there is always a risk to your car...........go around the top of the river and out onto the breakwater.

·
Registered
437 Posts
As Richy says, it's always a risk. I work in the area and am often down Atlantic Way, can't remember the last time I saw a car broken into. (probably put a hex on it now).
If you're uncertain, fish an earlier tide where you come off around 19:00 so the car isn't there all night.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My mate had his van done over a few months back when fishing the green light at night, why not try the white light, cars pretty safe on redbrink cresant and the fishing is nigh on the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the old harbour any good ? I walked through the car park and right up the path to the end of the point where the green lights are . Fished high tide for two hours with sand eel . No joy . Any tips ???

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Is the old harbour any good ? I walked through the car park and right up the path to the end of the point where the green lights are . Fished high tide for two hours with sand eel . No joy . Any tips ???
Try it with light gear and worm at short range... Flats, schoolys poor cod pout etc.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If you mean the harbour by the white light yes, you can float fish for Mullet close in as the tide gets towards HW.
If you want somewhere safe to park the car and fish at night why not try Barry dock, park in front of the flats ( head for the blue light ). It's an aquarium you can catch anything in there, fish light, lure or head hooked rag you will get plenty of action when the sun goes down.

Good luck !

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you mean the harbour by the white light yes, you can float fish for Mullet close in as the tide gets towards HW.
If you want somewhere safe to park the car and fish at night why not try Barry dock, park in front of the flats ( head for the blue light ). It's an aquarium you can catch anything in there, fish light, lure or head hooked rag you will get plenty of action when the sun goes down.

Good luck !
thanks buddy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts