World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby actually suggested we had a fishing session:eek:hmy: and got all the gear out:eek:hmy::eek:hmy:. Off we trolled and were set up on a lovely, if breezy, riverbank by 4pm. All bait coming back untouched until just after high when my rod started bouncing like mad...I could feel the weight of something on there as I reeled in and then.... gone!! When i got my rig back to the bank the top hook was snapped off at the start of the bend...:crazy: Its the first time I've used these hooks (box of 100).. size 6 aberdeens so I don't know if they are cr*p or as I'd like to believe it was a monster bass that snapped it like twig:wah: Nothing else even nibbling the bait again so packed up after 7 leaving the group of kids with the motocross bike to pester someone else for a light, and tell me that there "aint no fish in there!"

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hubby actually suggested we had a fishing session:eek:hmy: and got all the gear out:eek:hmy::eek:hmy:. Off we trolled and were set up on a lovely, if breezy, riverbank by 4pm. All bait coming back untouched until just after high when my rod started bouncing like mad...I could feel the weight of something on there as I reeled in and then.... gone!! When i got my rig back to the bank the top hook was snapped off at the start of the bend...:crazy: Its the first time I've used these hooks (box of 100).. size 6 aberdeens so I don't know if they are cr*p or as I'd like to believe it was a monster bass that snapped it like twig:wah: Nothing else even nibbling the bait again so packed up after 7 leaving the group of kids with the motocross bike to pester someone else for a light, and tell me that there "aint no fish in there!"
Unlucky on loosing what sounds like a nice fish,very frustrating to say the least,have you tried swanscombe,just as good and not seen any motor bikes there for a while,well the last few times we have been anway

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swanscombe is on my list to try but, had my daughter with us and it wasnt worth listening to the whinging to make her walk 'that far'! I'll have to send her to visit family during the school hols so we can get over there:sneaky2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts