World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I arrived at greenock around 8.30 this morning , the weather was great , sun shining and not much wind .
i parked the car in the cinema carpark and fished the wee jetty opposite it .

set up the float rod with mussel as bait but it was only attracting very small pollack , i was soon fed up with this , so out came the beachcaster , quickly set up with tinsels i was into 3 mackerel on the first cast , after around 2 hrs and over a dozen mackerel later my back was really giving me jip.

after a wee rest i set up a leadhead and jelly worm on the spinning rod and had a few pollack on that but nothing of great size.
all pollack returned and all mackerel in the coolbox .

back home early afternoon with my bait freezer stocked and i left one out for the tea .

might head back there again this week .

greenock28.jpg

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
sounds great. between my me and my 2 m8z we have only caught 2 makie between us. they have one each i have none :( lol u recon they are fully in yet or still a while to go?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hello Big Al.

good report m8.
ive yet too see mackerel round my area yet :) and you are catching loads off them , :clap2:

looks like a coalfish that you caught with that black and red jelly worm.

well done on the fish.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello Big Al.

good report m8.
ive yet too see mackerel round my area yet :) and you are catching loads off them , :clap2:

looks like a coalfish that you caught with that black and red jelly worm.

well done on the fish.

aye one wee coalie too , add that to ma wee list .

Towelie there are def alot of mackerel about ut i dont think that they are in very large shoals yet .

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts

Towelie there are def alot of mackerel about ut i dont think that they are in very large shoals yet .
remember us in the frozen north that will need fresh bait for the meet al:kissing::kissing::kissing:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

thanks alot m8 ill give it ago im off alot this week cant w8 to get my first mackie of the year :D

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey paul , plenta of fresh mackerel for this weekend , dont worry.

al

·
Registered
851 Posts
never mind you mates in the frozen north Al, remember the hard working shepherds who can't get fishing.....:kissing:

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
in some cultures a sheperd is called a pimp:):)an old piece of mutton will do for your bait mark:):):)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Only in welsh cultures is a shepherd called a pimp...........:):):) and I'm sick of mutton at the moment

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hey paul , plenta of fresh mackerel for this weekend , dont worry.

al
you should get a few mackeral up there , try a sliding float set at about 12ft with a set of shiny makeral feathers on it belt it out on a spining rod an let it get towed about with the tide ! should get you a few :clap2:

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Yep Guy thats my favourite way too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts