World Sea Fishing Forums banner

greenock min session tonight

603 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  MARTYB 
#1 ·
fished work at 5 bells this evening and headed to the mark across from morrisons had 100 rag with me and tonights aim was for an SSSS and a rock Cook. So it was light rod, 6lb line, size 8 hooks and a 1oz weight. Again the action was fast and furious tonight with goldsinney the bulk of the catch also had Pollack, Corkwing, Coalie and i finally manged a rock cook which i was delighted with.:clap2:

final tally was 5 species

18 Goldsinney
4 Pollack
1 Coalie
1 Rock Rock
1 Corkwing

got about 50 or rag left. so going to give it abash tomorrow about 1230 after work see i can get that ssss that i have been trying for now for a couple of months

#2 ·
Well done Mikey - nice session - if you cast a wee bit further with the same tactics - you might get a different species or two - wee Andy has had loads of dragonets and ssss with the odd flattie when he does that - say at about 12 yards out (small hooks)
The rockcooks are absolutely beautiful - arent they !1 :fishing1:

#4 ·
#6 ·
Well done! That sounds like a great sesh.

#9 ·
it was enjoy able just this ssss carry on is doing my head in last year i had hundreds of them, this is am struggling :(

#10 ·
Had one on mackie at Etive earlier in the year. Definitely try that for bait.

#11 ·
well done on your sessionthere mate.

#12 ·
good we sesh there.i struggled the last time i was down there, but some of the younger kids got a few ssss. was so gutted i couldnt connect.. good luck next sesh

#13 ·
well went back today after work arrived about 1230 . same tactics last night apart from lobbing it out a bit further. first half an hour wasnt bad we had a couple of pollack and a very plump codling at probs just over the 1lb mark. after that things slowed down at low water. Then the goldsinney came on the feed and started shreading the bait ended up with about 20 of them. I also got 1 of the speices i was after today although it wasnt a ssss it was a dragonnet so quiet happy with that. Weather wasnt bad wee bit of rain nothing much. it certainly didnt stop the buckie bridge along at CHQ:bangin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.