World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks i have attempted to fish the Morrisons mark in Greenock but the local travelling community have moved in with their carnie machines, does anyone know how to gain access to the mark without the Gypos swiping my wheels???

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Aye the good old Gypsy mob eh!! reek havoc no matter where they go, if it's not nailed down then it's offski, lol

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
think you can till drive up to the mark.. as far as i know its m & ds that have organised it and will be there for a week

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Folks i have attempted to fish the Morrisons mark in Greenock but the local travelling community have moved in with their carnie machines, does anyone know how to gain access to the mark without the Gypos swiping my wheels???

You can still fish the harbour bud, drive in the normal way and drive round the back of the shows as the road is still open. You drive along the side of the waters edge to access the harbour. I was down last night with bboab and we had over 20 Mackerel in couple of hours...

Steven

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can still fish the harbour bud, drive in the normal way and drive round the back of the shows as the road is still open. You drive along the side of the waters edge to access the harbour. I was down last night with bboab and we had over 20 Mackerel in couple of hours...

Steven
Just came on with the intention of asking about fishing for Mackeral at Greenock... Answer given above.... CHEERS !:clap3:

·
Registered
448 Posts
what is termed the "Morrison's Mark" is actually custom quay. plenty people fishing there and if the numbers of youngsters fishing is anything to go by, the future of the sport is healthy.

if you go past morrisons and turn right at the traffic lights past the police station, you can drive almost to Lidls then turn right between the James Watt College and the swimming pool. no parking restrictions.

assumes you are coming from Glasgow but effectively down the traffic lights to lidl and the waterfront ..

and fish being caught.

·
Registered
859 Posts
what is termed the "Morrison's Mark" is actually custom quay. plenty people fishing there and if the numbers of youngsters fishing is anything to go by, the future of the sport is healthy.

if you go past morrisons and turn right at the traffic lights past the police station, you can drive almost to Lidls then turn right between the James Watt College and the swimming pool. no parking restrictions.

assumes you are coming from Glasgow but effectively down the traffic lights to lidl and the waterfront ..

and fish being caught.
the morrisons mark as i know it is the harbour right across from morrisons not custom house

·
Registered
96 Posts

Steven
YEP you drive in as normal, just come back from mark 3 of use fishing, I had 4 dabs 1 macky:1a:, Doug nil:cry:, Alex 1 dog and lose a very big macky:oops:, 2 hook flappers with raggies, peeler, sandeel,
mackerel, lance, ragworm tipped with crab was the winning bait

1 - 11 of 11 Posts