World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me & my son headed to Greenock today for a 4 hour fishing session (12.30-4.30)

Went to Custom House Quay & got out to have a wee look about, but there seemed to be a rave going on at the end of quay! :bangin:
3 guys fishing with a ghetto blaster blasting out toons & i was out the house to get a bit of peace & quiet so we decided to try further along the waterfront where we had the mark to ourselves.

Had a great day with the sun shining for most of the day & we managed to catch 3 good sized dogfish, a wee dab & a couple of BIG crabs.

All the action happened before high tide (2.50pm) & then nothing after that.

I had 2 bait rods out whilst my son did a bit of spinning.
Baits used were ragworm & mackerel, but all the fish were taken on mackerel. hardly a bite on the raggies, but the mackerel was constant bites.

Really surprised with the dogfish & they were all a good size & gave really good bites on the rod tip.
Makes a change for me as i was beginning to really dislike fishing Greenock due to the amount of blanks recently.

All fish returned to fight another day. :bye1:

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
well done mate ..the wee man looks chuffed..and brave btw...cheers

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
face says it all lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
a well done m8 good to see the wee fella out there enjoying the fishing some nice dogfish there

will catch up with you another day introduce myself properly

tightlines

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Well done on the doggies and the crabs are crackers too. The wee fella doesn't seem bothered in the slightest.
I think I am going to try a few different marks in Greenock at the weekend as I normally fish the same marks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
That looks like a cracking wee session you and the lad had at Greenock.
Only fished this mark once myself with only a couple of mackerel to show for it.

Think i will be giving it another go soon with my boys.

That is one brave lad you have there, holding a crab that size and with a smile.

Pleased you and your son had a good wee session.

·
Registered
85 Posts
good report mate and nice pics. I haven't fished over at Greenock for anout a month now but as I'm off work sick for the next two weeks I think I may be over there to try and recover lol:icecream:

·
Registered
461 Posts
excellent catches for the youngster.well done wee man.even the crabs a catch an a half.:clap3::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
a well done m8 good to see the wee fella out there enjoying the fishing some nice dogfish there

will catch up with you another day introduce myself properly

tightlines
No probs. I'm down at Greenock fairly regularly, but tend to fish more at T Mobile mark rather than CHQ.

If i see the van, i'll pop over next time i'm down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts