World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the waterfront on friday between 12:00pm and 16:00pm. we were behind the cinema on the second small jetty.

Pretty good results for greenock i must admit!!!!:) my mate had a pollack a cast for the first five casts, using leadhead baited with rag. all the pollack were pretty small though, nothing bigger than half a pound.

i fished the float about 10 yards out with ragworm also. again loads of small pollack and a few coalies.

my mate got the first codling, a 1 1/2 pound whopper (well a whopper for greenock anyway) it was the reddest codling i've ever seen. I followed suit with a codling around the pound mark. we countinued to catch loads of small pollack and coalies losing count after double figures.

my highlight of the session was the best fish i've ever had from the waterfront, a ballan wrasse not far off the 2 pound mark :clap2:

my mate has the pic on his mobile i hope to upload it soon...

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
that was a good sesh for greenock , now and again it can throw up a couple of surprises.

looking forward to seeing pics of the wrasse.

well done.

al

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well managed to get the pic e-mailed from his phone, hope the quality is ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
nice wrasse

think ill give it a go this week if the weather clears up a bit

al

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thats a cracking Wrasse - well done.

I was down at the same spot a few weeks ago & caught a few nice codling as well as a wee flattie.

Fishing quite well at present.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts