World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there was down at my usual haunt in greenock got there about 6.30this morning i know must be mad
anyway jazzjoc and auld joe the guys i fish with got there about 7.30
so we all set up and got started as usual the rain came and went but didnt stop us :fishing1:lol
anyway jazzjoc got 1 pollock for his efforts today and auld joe got 6 pollock one being around 1.5lbs
and my good self got 1 pollock 1lb and a doggie about 2lb so not to bad a days fishing
glad to say all fish were returned to fight another day

light lines :clap:

Attachments

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
not a bad days fishing mate nice to see the pollock going back safe and sound. was it bait or rubber deep spun worms that did the trick

·
Registered
461 Posts
well done on the fish mate.to your mates aswell.maybe a bit too keen for a sunday morning.think i was just getting to bed at that time.but you know what they say.the early bird catches the worm or in your case the doggie.weel done again mate

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done :clap: nice dogfish there, good to see you didnt blank after getting up nice early. If i see you down there in the future i will come over for a chat bud. Tight Lines

Steven

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
well done mate nice looking doggie there:clap::clap:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
willeton your welcome m8 pop over say hi and to joebhoy the pollock were all caught on float and raggy and the doggie on a bit of mackie strip
i tried spinning a firetail for about 1hrs with no result but hey thats fishing
cheers also to mickey and yes bboab it was early but i was down at greenock last night at around 7.30 headed up the road as i had some disco equipment to pic up at 2am time i got home it was 4.30 so quick wash a cuppa then down to greenock nice and early

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Nice fish there!

I caught a clabby doo yesterday and gave it to the guy next to me who proceeded to pull out a pollack with it. Haha...

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
god thats just the luck i would have bute

·
Registered
358 Posts
I saw u at that mark last night at about 8pm.

Didnt know you were from the forum.

I only stayed 5 mins as the tide was well out with a lot of weed weed/kelp at the edge, so the wee fella was sure to snag when spinning.

We moved to T Mobile, but didnt stay there that long either & no fish were caught.

Did you catch anything last night?

I was parked up beside you (gold rover with roofbox).

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
Nice fish there!

I caught a clabby doo yesterday and gave it to the guy next to me who proceeded to pull out a pollack with it. Haha...
whats a clabby doo?

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
624 Posts
cheers dougy

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I only found out myself a few months ago what they were. Big-al gave me one for bait, i thought he was at it when he called it a Clabby Doo. It just looked like a mussel on steroids to me.

Steven

G

·
the clappy doo I pulled out before was the size of my hand and about the width, they are as wide as my palm ;o) I remember buying the years ago from the fishmongers they are lovely mmmmmmm

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I saw u at that mark last night at about 8pm.

Didnt know you were from the forum.

I only stayed 5 mins as the tide was well out with a lot of weed weed/kelp at the edge, so the wee fella was sure to snag when spinning.

We moved to T Mobile, but didnt stay there that long either & no fish were caught.

Did you catch anything last night?

I was parked up beside you (gold rover with roofbox).
yea i remember you nae never caught anything the midges were getting to my wee fella so i headed home for a bit

·
Registered
461 Posts
willeton your welcome m8 pop over say hi and to joebhoy the pollock were all caught on float and raggy and the doggie on a bit of mackie strip
i tried spinning a firetail for about 1hrs with no result but hey thats fishing
cheers also to mickey and yes bboab it was early but i was down at greenock last night at around 7.30 headed up the road as i had some disco equipment to pic up at 2am time i got home it was 4.30 so quick wash a cuppa then down to greenock nice and early
it certainly worked mate:clap:well done again.usually down at greenock with willeton.see you down there:fishing:

·
Registered
27 Posts
do u ever try port glasgow pirer?not been down that way for a couple of years but have plenty of gd memorys catching coalies.

·
Registered
461 Posts
do u ever try port glasgow pirer?not been down that way for a couple of years but have plenty of gd memorys catching coalies.
is that the one at the castle?

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
My mussel also had a big thing growing on it or out of it like a big arse. Might be some sort of sponge but I'll put up a photo soon and see if anyone can tell me what it is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guys, looking to cast a little further than my usual haunts, and ive heard a few times that greenock can be good fishing?

Im looking to go this saturday, kit out with some rags, and the like.

any thoughts on who i might bump into.

I used to work round greenock way a few years back, and remember seeing guys down behind the Polis station/Morrisons etc etc......

cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts