World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that the wee man could make it to Fyne yesterday, him and his sister wanted to do some fishing today, so off to Greenock we went. I put 1 bait rod in the water and set the kids up for a spot of Wrasse fishing. I had some crabs legs with me and some mussell. I was showing my daughter what to do when Slam! a very good take, it was taking line so I had to tighten the drag, I thought it was a Ballen but what a surprise when it surfaced, a 1lb 6oz codling on a No.12 barbless hook, good fun on light tackle.

The kids had a ball he got 9 goldsinneys and se got 11.

I had 1 Mackerel which unhooked itself as I lifted it clear of the water, looked like a belter too. Nice afternoon, pity the Mackerel are so thin on the ground just now.

·
Team Shoreangler
708 Posts
good little sesh with the kids cant beat it eh

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Hya Spinner - well done on the sesh - any mullet show at the old dry dock ?? :)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
nice 1 matey,,a love gettin the weans away ,,,were away every week fishing most weeks for 2 day events

canny whack it

peter

thought you were near the clyde ,,,,theirs tonnes their,,pm mr holt

anyway,,,,,,whats happened to all the greenock posse,,,,used to be a few posters on here

·
Registered
131 Posts
looks like the kids had a good time good on use.:clap:

·
Registered
654 Posts
yeah a good we session there. i was thinking of heading down that way wednesday, any ideas where i should try? i dont realy know the area so any help would be gr8:secret:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts