World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Greenock today and went to what is known as the Morrisons mark, when i got there the place was littered with 10 empty coke cans, 20 empty strongbow cans, chippy papers, mackie lure packets and what really disgusted me, an empty milk carton full of human urine :nono: :mad:

I picked all of the litter up and poured the urine out then put the litter into the bin that was 20 feet away, had my wife with me who does not go fishing and was absolutely disgusted at the state of the place, this sort of thing gives all of us decent fishermen and fisherladies a very very bad name, how long does it take to pick this **** up?

For those that know me or that may have seen me i am either in a black mondeo or a silver rover and i fish Greenock all year round and i catch and return 99% of what i catch, this sort of pollution is going to get our waterways closed off by the local councils but when you dig somebody up about it you are risking getting into a dookaroo with them, that bit i do not mind as i for one will always dig these boggin ****ers up. How hard is it to do as i did and take a carrier bag with them and pick their litter up? Beggers belief with me that the summer mackie bashers will end up getting the true fisherman banned from doing our fabulous hobby :sad:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Admins sorry for the language there but i feel so strong about this as we are all decent guys and girls on here that want to see our fishing remain as it should be as in eco friendly as it is about the sport and not just hauling fish in to beat their heads in. Sorry if i have offended anyone :sad2:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah, I know where you're coming from there mate, It amazes me that people leave fishing marks in such a mess, just how hard is it to tidy up as you go along?
We keep a bag for rubbish when we're fishing, so never leave a mess behind.
I've seen it time and time again, just about everywhere I've fished.
These mindless idiots are going to ruin it for everyone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
To be fair there is a bit of a chance that it was locals not nescessarily fishing who caused the mess, but the easy target is the fishermen. Thanks for the clean-up effort.

And the Council will not stop fishing the waterfront in Inverclyde!

·
Registered
52 Posts
really is shocking...was doing some fishing in gourock yesterday
same there:nono:

went to get bait and try for dogfish
same there:nono:

then went to greenock but was at the farside and it was actually quite clean...but when i was leaving there were people coming in with beer so there is possibly beer cans there now

what people need to remember it that what gets left will end up in the sea 90% of the time...

then some of the people that litter complain that the seas full of crap :sad::thumbdown

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah really bad when these ******* cant pick their litter up , I have to say and its not an excuse , but I think the council need to empty their bins there a little more often , every time I have used it its full to the brim and with the Marina now up and running folk there will also look to use these litter bins , maybe we need more of them .

I am going to nip down tonight to watch the clyde cup , look out for ma wee gold van with the tinted windows lol .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fished Greenock today and went to what is known as the Morrisons mark, when i got there the place was littered with 10 empty coke cans, 20 empty strongbow cans, chippy papers, mackie lure packets and what really disgusted me, an empty milk carton full of human urine :nono: :mad:

I picked all of the litter up and poured the urine out then put the litter into the bin that was 20 feet away, had my wife with me who does not go fishing and was absolutely disgusted at the state of the place, this sort of thing gives all of us decent fishermen and fisherladies a very very bad name, how long does it take to pick this **** up?

For those that know me or that may have seen me i am either in a black mondeo or a silver rover and i fish Greenock all year round and i catch and return 99% of what i catch, this sort of pollution is going to get our waterways closed off by the local councils but when you dig somebody up about it you are risking getting into a dookaroo with them, that bit i do not mind as i for one will always dig these boggin ****ers up. How hard is it to do as i did and take a carrier bag with them and pick their litter up? Beggers belief with me that the summer mackie bashers will end up getting the true fisherman banned from doing our fabulous hobby :sad:
HI, Was in gourock today at Clyde Outboard Services and very nearly dropped into Morrisons pier to see what was happening, I now wish i had.I fish from my boat in the clyde estuary and witness the amount of rubbish floating arround and it is a disgrace---it is not all from us fisherpersons but as you say if we clean up as we go at least we would be seen to doing our bit. All rubbish that collects in the boat is bagged and is taken home and put in the bin Well done you for cleaning up others rubbish.:clap::clap::clap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts