World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to give the mullet at Greenodd the chance to laugh at me. Could someone tell me, please:

a) what are the best tides

b) how the hell you know when high is there anyway.

I generally use Easytide which gives times for "Ulverston" - presumably Canal Foot. Today's high was given as 1816 with a 7.2m tide. At 1900 there was no water to be seen at Greenodd.

Thank you. I know I'm mad going after mullet, but at least I want to be casting into water:laugh:

·
Team Cumbria Captain
749 Posts
not much help but i went past at 4ish an there was water there then
theres allus water there when i go past ive never fished it (its on the list of things to do) but i cant understand why people say theres never any water
best thing i woul advise is dont fish in the toilet carpark cos theres a BIG sand bank right in front of it theres a good channel by the middle layby an bits of channels by the top one hope this helps a bit lol
oh an the crake is goin hell for leather too so i wouldnt fish below that if you can help it

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The tide times vary at greenodd dependant on tidal height and the amount of rainfall/water level in the rivers.
I don't usually bother with fishing there when the rivers are in spate, or on a tide less than 9.5m.
Regards times, at least an hour and a half after Barrow,sometimes 2 hours.
Hope this makes sense!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tide times vary at greenodd dependant on tidal height and the amount of rainfall/water level in the rivers.
I don't usually bother with fishing there when the rivers are in spate, or on a tide less than 9.5m.
Regards times, at least an hour and a half after Barrow,sometimes 2 hours.
Hope this makes sense!
Exactly the advice I was after. Cheers mate:)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Dave i was there two hours before high and there was water,watched it totally flood and start going down again,i was where stubber said,i.e.the end layby,where theres a small channel,saw no mullet that high up though,and no signs on the banks either,speak to the guru,he has a plan for them there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.