World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just acquired some greylon copolymer 30lb line and have been trying for ages to tie a knot which doesn't slip and no way can i do it :wallbash::wallbash: tried the 5 turn tucked blood knot and that dont seem to work and slip just as its tightening the only one i seem to get any where near tight is a palomar but that seems to crush the line from the knot to about 1/2 inch up the line

anyone help out here?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Good Luck with your Greylon - I gave up on mine in the end. I tried all manner of knots and ways of tying Greylon and none of the knots were any good. It was'nt how I tied them, it was the line. I tried a few rigs in the Sea and I already knew that I should not, but the knots all slipped or gave way.

Do what I did and bin it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
palomar knot is the only knot that i have managed to tighten but it damages the line was using red ice but after losing 4 bits of tackle yesterday ( knots snapping ) it has gone in the bin

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just wanted some decent line with low diameter as wanted it for the beach also up tiding as when out wanted to switch from bassing to the tope which are about at the moment something like 30lb and the greys looks great at 0.47mm

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Have you tried the grinner ?

Never had a knot slip on me yet using greylon 30 or 35 lb.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Try the Clinch and Improved clinch too, very easy tie, lubricate well and works good for me with fluoro too

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
build a bonfire with it !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts