World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the 11ft 9in. one and get on very well with it, it handles a 4oz lead and the terminal stuff well. Never had anything big on it or use it in heavy going but it is not designed for that and I am pleased with it. I was put off by some of the bad posts greys rods got but I think it a good piece of kit but then what do I know. :) :)

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
I have a pair of 3-5 oz, 12'6 , great rods, I use them for estuary work, though to be fair they have only had a few trips out and never had any decent fish to deal with on them.
JonC

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I personally like the Shakespeare Odessa Bass and the Powerplay Bass, both are cheap at around £50ish. My old man likes the mustad 116lite, the G.A.C. are selling these for on £39.99 at the moment! I have heard the Greys Bze is a top rod, but if its money no object go for the Century Tip Tornado lite 11ft10 or the TT Ultralite 13 footer. It all depends what your budget is really, i hope this helps.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally like the Shakespeare Odessa Bass and the Powerplay Bass, both are cheap at around £50ish. My old man likes the mustad 116lite, the G.A.C. are selling these for on £39.99 at the moment! I have heard the Greys Bze is a top rod, but if its money no object go for the Century Tip Tornado lite 11ft10 or the TT Ultralite 13 footer. It all depends what your budget is really, i hope this helps.
G.A.C WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT :yucky: :yucky: :yucky:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Haha! never spotted you had your own shop. Well then go for the Century Tip Toirnado Lite if you can get it at cost price, its an awsum piece of kit.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Got the 11' 9", paired with a 5600 Mag and it's so nice I want to marry it and have its' babies:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the 11' 9", paired with a 5600 Mag and it's so nice I want to marry it and have its' babies:)
WOAH THERE EASY TIGER!!! :blink::wacko:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I've made a habbit of offending you and your mates over the past few days SPLASH! Yeah the Greys is nice, one thing im not to keen on is that the reel position is fixed. I like the sliding century reel seat as you can have it low or high mounted, plus you can get your fingre behind the coater which makes casting easier.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Am A Multi Man My Self And I Hear What Your Saying But Al Be Using A Fixed Spool With It Just For Macks And Playing With Dugs At Cairnryan And Largs Afun Rod Basicly

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Am A Multi Man My Self And I Hear What Your Saying But Al Be Using A Fixed Spool With It Just For Macks And Playing With Dugs At Cairnryan And Largs Afun Rod Basicly

Not Quite sure what you're saying there mate - but, yes the fixed reel seat is not ideal but you soon get used to it and a 5000 sized Abu is ideal if you want to stick to multis - it casts brilliantly, shows the smallest of bites and also gives a bit of fun with smaller fish. I only got mine a month ago so can't tell what it would be like with the Bass but a double shot of half decent Whiting were no problem while still giving a bit of sport;)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You fish Cairnryan Pier? I fish over that way alot although i fish more Port Logan, Drummore and the Mull. Some massive Mullet and Conger on that pier but there hard to catch, plus that old bloke always tells you to get off as its unsafe. Yeah that will be agreat rod, i had a lot of bass and pollock from the shore on my odessa Bass which is a similar rod. Your right its a fun way of fishing. I have two Shimano Baitrunners which are excellent, the 6000RE and the 5000 GTE-B, however i also have a Daiwa Regal X 4050 BRT which is nearly as good considering it only cost £20 brand new.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah see your bigging up diawa again their kack ,baitrunner wise i really like the okuma interceptor their excellent sturdy reels for little money and you can use them for 6 mack at a time and just bully them with the reel

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Sounds a decent little reel. Im not keen on the okuma stuff, though. How much do these sell for as i might give one a go. My mate said he got an Okuma C20L or summin for the boat and thats quite good.

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
I have the 12ft 6" version. In the summer I'll use virtually nothing else, in fact I didn't use a beachcaster between May and September last year. Wish I'd gone for the shorter one though, but that's just because of where I fish, nothing to do with the rod.

It's rated 3 - 5 oz, works best with a 4oz weight, the 3oz is a bit harsh on the cast, the 5oz bends it too much. Cracking rod, for around a hundred bucks there's nothing to touch it. ;) Yep - it's that good. :)

Use with a small multi or a fixed spool, either works.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I have the 12ft 6" version. In the summer I'll use virtually nothing else, in fact I didn't use a beachcaster between May and September last year. Wish I'd gone for the shorter one though, but that's just because of where I fish, nothing to do with the rod.

It's rated 3 - 5 oz, works best with a 4oz weight, the 3oz is a bit harsh on the cast, the 5oz bends it too much. Cracking rod, for around a hundred bucks there's nothing to touch it. ;) Yep - it's that good. :)

Use with a small multi or a fixed spool, either works.
Got to agree with you m8 - after all it's after trying yours I bought mine;) - the 11 footer is better IMHO only because I've also got a 13' 4" Pit Viper for when I want to fish that bit further out or when space is not so tight ie an open beach.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds a decent little reel. Im not keen on the okuma stuff, though. How much do these sell for as i might give one a go. My mate said he got an Okuma C20L or summin for the boat and thats quite good.
the interceptors go for about 25-30 quid and trust me you will like them m8

1 - 20 of 21 Posts