World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,... Im a first time blogger to this section and would appreciate any opinions
or advice given....... I bought a GMAG 6 four months ago and while i cant fault it
in performance and guts on casting/retrieval its starting to look like a tatty old reel

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SORRY.....
For the blogging ERROR...... Anyhow,.... Despite me rincing/drying it after
every session the silver coating/paint on the reel cage is bubling and flaking off,
I like to think i take care of my gear and my other reels( ABU, PENN ) are in
as good a condition as when bought,....
Just wondered if anybody elses GMAGs have gone or are going the
same way????

·
Registered
776 Posts
I've had my Gmag for 10 months now and its fine so far, I use plastic coasters mind. As already mentioned though I have read before of this kind of thing, however as its still in warranty maybe a quick call or email to greys could sort you out.

·
13,170 Posts
Mine has stayed in good nick after a year or so. But my mainpoint for posting is this......

The responsibility for selling an item that fails (ie is not Fit For Purpose) lies with the retailer not the manufacturer (Sales Of Goods Act 1979). The manufacturers guarantee/warranty is in addition to your rights as a consumer.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine has stayed in good nick after a year or so. But my mainpoint for posting is this......

The responsibility for selling an item that fails (ie is not Fit For Purpose) lies with the retailer not the manufacturer (Sales Of Goods Act 1979). The manufacturers guarantee/warranty is in addition to your rights as a consumer. It is not the basis of your rights.
Sorry Dave i never heard that the first time so could you be so kind as to repeat yourself:bleh::yeah::doh::oops:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As said earlier, the reel performs well and i cant fault it working wise,.... But surely the
manufacturer must take responsability for a sea reel being at least externaly salt water
protected,.... I often thought how or why would GREYS with their pedigree for
excellent fishing gear... (I have a GRXs rod ) ... allow them to be sold with
60 percent off the original RRP.
...... Maybe something to do with this,... Who knows. ????

G

·
I had two Greys G mag 6 reels do this, I contacted Greys and they replaced the frames FOC, the frames they have on now are the anodised and not chromed, so no chance of the chrome flaking off ! do agree, very good reel for £60 but that would be all I would pay, just use mine for areas where there are a lot of holiday makers (emmets) as they tend to chuck a lot of tinsel and your gear gets caught in it and dragged around, wouldn't want that happening to my favourite gear.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i had a few and had a few relaced buy warrenty< now given up on them> . a well designed reel full with good components but got the build quality of an old lada. if better q/c had been done on production the build would of been better and they would of had a good reel

·
13,170 Posts
I tend to agree..... A good reel at the price one can get them. But not at the RRP. Mine was £50 BTW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts