World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if these rods where anygood i saw some in my local tackleshop and they definately look the part. it says they are 5oz can they handle this weight with bait or not i genrally fish 4-5 oz very occasionally 6oz. what type of distance can u gt on them aswell. any reviews would be helpful as i am lookin for another rod for around £100 and these are favourites at the mo.

cheers
S.B

·
Registered
462 Posts
hi mate i have one of these as a alrounder rod, use it on pier and anywere its guna have a bashing..asin on railings and things dunt mind it suffering a few scrapes as it was only 100.00 to were as my tip tornado was 250.00 lol

anyways its a tidy rod i use a 6oz lead with a decent bait it throws it out no probs for the 100.00 id recomend the greyz or the Daiwa sandstorm 13ft thats a nice rod to

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ador mine its light and well built i cant say as ive ever cast over 5oz with it but it handles this easily with a baited trace buy it buy it buy it.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
For £100 mate its an awesum piece of kit, and you can't really afford not to buy one! I have a few Greys rods including a PZ300t and a mk 2 Apollo, and still use the GRX-s as a second rod regularly. The quality fittings and performance of the rod are excellent, and i still think it would be a big seller at twice the price. On many occasions i have preffered it to my Century Carbon Metal and other rods, Nuff said!

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,617 Posts
for £100 m8 they are the dogs b!"£$%^'s!
i have one my self and is fantastic piece of kit......
i normally tend to fish reel down with it and can get upto 100 yards plus with bait....
go for it m8 - you wont regret it....... you will LOVE it!!!
tight lines and all the best m8,
steffyenck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i agree with all the above posts, i have one and its a brilliant rod nice and light, great bite detection in low or zero wind

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
All true, but these rods will also handle the rougher conditions admirably aswell. I have used mine in huge seas and on rough ground and although perhaps a little undergunned it has always coped well enough.

·
Registered
568 Posts
grey g r xs you can buy 2 for 120 pounds in tonys tackle at the moment in eastbourne or 90 pound each.

Out of curiosity I had a look at the website.... wish I hadn't... It's a truly awful site. Couldn't see the 2 for £120 offer anywhere, but that's possibly because I couldn't face trying to navigate myself around the website. 2 PZ Matches for £189 looked a great deal though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Out of curiosity I had a look at the website.... wish I hadn't... It's a truly awful site. Couldn't see the 2 for £120 offer anywhere, but that's possibly because I couldn't face trying to navigate myself around the website. 2 PZ Matches for £189 looked a great deal though.
I went to his shop last tuesday he was getting all his stuff ready for the NEC tackle fair his new catalogue comes out very soon, next month i think he said:unsure:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Roll on the next copy of sea angler to see the adverts (that's not something you hear on here very often :D

It would be seriously rude not to buy 2 for £120 if that is a genuine deal - phone order rather than website of course ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts