World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just seen 1 of these rods for£89. so 2 questions
1, does the price seem ok?( cheap expensive etc..)
2, what are they like to fish with, soft, hard, tippy in the wind etc..

cheers
steve:)

·
Registered
462 Posts
prob the best beach rod for the money i wrekon they cud sell these all day at 150.00

im sure many more wud agree

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
For the money they are ace. i think the best price i have seen them is for £84.95 at Poingdestres. I payed £90 for mine and as a second rod its great. Greys would still shift plenty at twice the price. the looks and performance are pretty much similar to other more expensive rods in the range. The G.A.C. have a very good offer on at the moment where you can buy a Greys GRX-s multi and either an Abu 7000, Daiwa SL30SH, Daiwa 7HT or Penn 525 Mage Xtra for only £150, which is seriously good value.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers lads, would love to get the combo package from the G.A.C, but the wife says i can't afford it, she also says with 5 rods why do i need any more, she just dosent understand think i will get it

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hahaha, just do it man. I wish i had at the time when i bought mine. I have recently sold some rods due to some not even having been used. I literally had used my Century Carbon Metal about 5 times and my Penn copperhead about 2 or 3. Women will never understand mate. To me fishing rods and reels is to what shoes and make up are to them. Often i have had to buy presents as a way of getting off ith buying unnecessary fishing gear. Perhaps theres something she wants to, or you could even offere to take heer with you next time!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahaha, just do it man. I wish i had at the time when i bought mine. I have recently sold some rods due to some not even having been used. I literally had used my Century Carbon Metal about 5 times and my Penn copperhead about 2 or 3. Women will never understand mate. To me fishing rods and reels is to what shoes and make up are to them. Often i have had to buy presents as a way of getting off ith buying unnecessary fishing gear. Perhaps theres something she wants to, or you could even offere to take heer with you next time!
i often have to but her and the bairn "gifts" if i want some thing, and 1 of the reasons i fish is to escape her, take her with me i'de rather eat rag worm on the hook:)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hahaha!!! could be a dangerous thing. She might out fish you! I always do these kind of things after i have bought her something usually, then i hav a bit of leveridge.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Nah if i have a wee man i will always take him fishing with me if he wants. My dad always took me when i was younger and always bitterly complained when i beat him that ''...he had taught me to well''. I still fish with him now infact, i prefer to use the petrol in his car as it costs nothing.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
come the summer it will be me and the bairn she's nearly 3 and i only have to mention fishing and she goes crazy, so will have to get a a little set up, oh dear more tackle to buy what a shame, lol

G

·
Anyhow, back on planet fishing!!!
I too have the GRX and as stated before they're the best rod around for £100, worth more than that though.
Kids are great at that age, it's a pity they have to grow up and bleed us dry !!!
enjoy them while there young.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi m8 personally i prefer the greys greyflex for an extra 30 quid you get a lot more for your money and if your interested im selling mine for about 60 quid only had it 4 months but i lost my jod and need the cash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts